SOLD FS/FT Heartfield DR 6C

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hyper-sloth, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Hey all, up for sale or trade is a Heartfield DR 6C 6 string by Fender. As much as I would love to keep this bass I need the funds to purchase a Fender Precision bass. Will of course take one in a straight trade. Really will miss this one, but my economic situation dictates I keep only a very few bass that work full time, no stay at homes.

For a cash sale I will take $[DEL]775[/DEL] $699 shipped CONUS. I will ship elsewhere but the shipping will be added.

For trades I want an American or MIJ P bass. I prefer a maple board and an Oly White is also preferrable but not a deal breaker. Condition matters little to me, just tone and playability. No home made refinishes though. I don't mind real wear, dings, whatever. I may be crazy enough to do a '51 or '54 reissue, though that isn't exactly the tone I want but hey, they are cool and I would use them for work for sure.
    I will also take a Road worn MIM or other higher quality basses.

Anything else? Ask...I am in a mood lol.

Description:​
    Canary wood top, neck through. I got her from Talkbass back in 2010 and there's very little info out on the net. I love this bass so much. It sounds like a piano it's so big. I don't understand why no one raves about these. Great sustain. Very good B string considering the scale which is 33 7/8". The EMG pups are great. The tone of the pre amp was pretty decent but I replaced it with an EMG BTC Bass Control stacked with a V V B T set up. which sounds much better. It is set for 18v which really does add headroom. The lowZ output is not wired, not sure if it can be. The original pre amp will ship with the original molded case which works perfectly but is pretty beat and has a bulge. I believe I have the knobs somewhere. To my wife's dismay I keep a ton of parts...never know when you need them.
    There is quite a bit of wear on this bass. Frets are in very good condition except the C# on the D string, which frets out when the strings are very low. I have it set a medium-low action and it plays great. The gold hardware shows lots of wear, though I believe it's brass down there so it blends decently. It was made in the FujiGen guitar factory in Japan, 1991. The workmanship/craftsmanship is amazing. The wide 19.3mm neck is super fast to get around, though I have very long fingers so mileage may vary. The radius is a flattish 20", almost like a classical guitar. Super nice for slapping. I wonder why more basses don't have that radius. Bridge is at 19mm. On to the photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the link to more photos. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Please no low ball offers, I have spent $900 on it but I need to get this sold. Not too happy about the whole thing but that's how it goes.

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/hypersloth/Heartfield%20DR-6C/

Link on Fender forum:
    http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43421

Heartfield Forum:
    http://www.heartfield-central.com/html/dr%28c%29.htm

2. Hyper-sloth

Bump. Had an offer that may be the one. Just rosewood rather than maple but...

3. Hyper-sloth

Here's a clip from a little while ago. ran it through my board compressor, used an EF for a couple of seconds. Mostly both pups on. Neck rolled a little off, maybe @ 95%.

Here's the soundcloud link:

http://soundcloud.com/hypersloth/heartfield-dr-6

Álvaro L. Torres-Padron

4. warnan

warnan

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hyper-sloth

7. Hyper-sloth

8. Hyper-sloth

up for grabs again!

9. RedElefant

RedElefant

Just gorgeous. I will be watching this thread. Closely.

10. Hyper-sloth

Bump! Open to trade offers, make me an offer!!!!

11. stoddart

stoddart

I used to own a Heartfield 6-string and have not seen any around. Is it still for sale?

12. Hyper-sloth

Yes it is! Had a trade deal going but it fell through.

13. Hyper-sloth

14. Hyper-sloth

15. Hyper-sloth

Doesn't anybody want an awesome six string for a great price?!

16. Hyper-sloth

17. Hyper-sloth

18. BigDaddyB

BigDaddyB

How is the neck? Does the truss rod still have enough motion to put it into a slight backbow? I like my action REALLY low.

The bass sounds great.

19. Hyper-sloth

Thanks! It really is a great bass, I just am always on a 4 string.

Actually the truss rod has plenty of play left. I have it where it is due to the high fret. I actually had it a bit lower and just avoided the C# lol.

20. Hyper-sloth

Bump. No offers? trades? This is surely worth a CIJ P-bass, or am I mistaken.

21. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

A Heartfield or a Yamaha TRB6 would be perfect for me. If your bass is around after the holidays, maybe we can work something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.