1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT HUMAN (GERMAN) "The Base" 5 NT Exhibition Crotch Walnut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hot Pocket, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Pocket

Hot Pocket Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have gotten the Ken Smith bug and am liquidating the best of the best to make way for a Smith 6.

[​IMG]

Here is a very rare Exhibition Crotch Walnut top, ash body, birdseye maple neck, glockenglang 3 band w delano jazz pickups.

[​IMG]

This bass covers jazz bass tone and nails a thick popping tone as well. Very playable. Spotless.

[​IMG]

THIS VERY BASS IS FEATURED ON THE HUMAN BASE GERMAN WEBSITE (ALONG WITH THE OTHER MAPLE "THE BASE" THAT I AM SELLING)

The only trades I will consider is for Ken Smith Elite or Anniversary models, MTD USA or Fodera. I can add cash for the right bass.

$2700 or best offer buyer pays shipping and fees
    [​IMG]
  2. thomasjbass

thomasjbass Supporting Member

Rating - 98.7%
    80   1   1

Bump for one of the best German luthiers there are. In my opinion, other than Jens, Humans are the best!
  3. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

Check out all 3 HUMANS that I have for sale. They are all featured on the Human Base German site. BUMP!
  4. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

i can layaway for anyone interested
  5. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

FANTASTIC INSTRUMENT. CASH OFFERS? TRADES (I can add cash for the right MTD USA or KEN SMITH)? BUMP!
  6. josiah goldfish

josiah goldfish

0   0   0

Oh wow. Is the one advertised here the one at the back in the pic? If these were fretless and I had the money...

GLWTS, gorgeous basses :D
  7. ursusaltered

ursusaltered Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Motivated by pics!
  8. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

WILL DO. I will get more pics up on this one. Thanks.
  9. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

The most versatile jazz I have ever owned (much like the Bene 4 I have for sale) this one has phenomenal pop/slap tones as well as Jaco jazz tones.
  10. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

This is the most versatile jazz that I have ever played with a popping power that enables it to cover all kinds of music. Authenitc vintage tones and modern too! BUMP!
  11. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

ALL PMs now responded to. The Bass-X is sold but the 2 "The Base" basses including this one are still avail. I just responded to a trade offer so we will see . . .
  12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Man, you've got some Hot basses!
  13. onlychoicegear

onlychoicegear

0   0   0

14. onlychoicegear

onlychoicegear

0   0   0

15. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Never encountered one of these in person, so I went searching for some youtube clips -- found this one of Dave King taking some solos.

I know it's a different model Human Base, with a different pickup configuration, so maybe not a fair comparison, but how would you say the tone of this bass compares? I found the thickness of the sound in the high register in the clip compelling.
  16. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

Very similar tone. Much of what you are hearing is due to the ZERO fret, the glock preamp and the individual tailpiece saddles. PIANOLIKE and very even from low to high string. The main difference between the bass in the video and the two that I am selling is that the bass in the vide has a curved body Both have the delanos and the glock setup. Truly one of the best sounding and most versatile basses that I have ever played. Sounds like a sales pitch, I know. So why am I selling? I went over the top with basses and have a dozen now so I have to thin the herd. It is difficult at a certain level when they all get so nice that selling anything feels like losing a child. The cool thing about the GERMAN made humans is the NT construction and the termination of the single cut at the 12th fret brings out some unique harmonics and overtones in the voicing. That is what you are hearing together with the sheer transparency of the Glockenglang pre (the first time I played with the Glock I was just amazed at how much different it was than other pre amps). The Delanos are also wonderful. I am selling 2 humans (in fact they are the actual basses featured on the GERMAN website). The same holds true for both although they have different pickup configurations. Both are amazing and both are very consistent. If I had to choose between the 2 I might go with the JJ config only because it also has a very mean slap so much like the other bass the wide range of tonal possibilities is covered. I am a sucker for the JJ look and vibe overall regardless of maker.
  17. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Chatted with the OP. Knowledgeable and super-helpful.
  18. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

Thanks. MarkA. I just have a real passion about these instruments and I love learning about woods and wood comninations in conjunction with electronics. These German made Humans are among the best basses made anywhere. Truly wonderful to play and hear.
  19. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

20. Hot Pocket

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.