FS/FT: Iron Ether QF2 Copper - Multiband Distortion

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jsohlander, Feb 2, 2013.

1. jsohlander

jsohlander Supporting Member

Traded!

Today I've got one pedal for trade/sale: Iron Ether QF2 Multiband Distortion (Copper version - the one for bass). I'm looking mostly to trade, but am open to for sale offers. I generally ship USPS Priority Mail but will sometimes do FedEx or UPS. CONUS preferred (but I will entertain International if the deal is right and you pay the full shipping).

Why trade with me or buy from me?

• I pack well
    • I ship fast
    • I answer every PM
    • I take really good care of my stuff

Traded! [DEL]Iron Ether QF2 Multiband Distortion[/DEL]

Bought this new in December and loved it. Almost velcro'd it to the board. I only used this in my studio for the last two months.

This pedal is very, very, very versatile. You can dial in the EXACT distortion sound you want by manipulating four EQ ranges (high, lo mid, hi mid, and hi) as well a Q-switch (on three settings each) for each EQ section. Also has a frequency knob that changes the frequency simultaneously across all EQ ranges.

It's very clean, meaning it's not muddy but very dirty. You can play full chords and they don't get drowned out with the distortion. Impressed me to no end when playing with it.

Also has a wet/dry blend knob, input and output knob. Coolest feature is the Boost switch that adds extra volume/gain when engaged, which comes on two settings 3x and 10x. And you can plug in an expression pedal to roll the frequency knob up and down.

Yeah, this thing is crazy.

So this is the Copper version (which is for bass, NOT the gold version).

Anyway, it's too big for my board and way too much distortion for my needs.

Here's the skinny directly from Iron Ether:

"QF2 Analog Multiband Distortion
    The QF2 is a unique distortion pedal, which splits the signal into four frequency bands, then sends each band through its own separate distortion unit. The frequency centers of all four filters can be swept proportionally over a range of 3 octaves. This complex parallel processing creates entirely new sounds, and allows for playing complex chords with a smoother, cleaner sustaining sound with minimum harshness and increased clarity.

The QF2 is based on the original “Quadrafuzz” rack-mount effect invented by Craig Anderton in 1985. Taking this concept several steps further, the QF2 has been redesigned from the ground up, adding more resonance control on each channel, a frequency control that sweeps all four filters simultaneously for unique vocal-like qualities, and expression pedal control over this frequency knob for real-time expression.

The pedal can create sounds from gritty low-gain overdrive with enhanced clarity; singing, sustaining smoothness even with complex chords; grindy, growly distortion; massive crunchy fuzz with definition; analog octave-up; and unique synth and fuzz-wah sounds.

The QF2 Gold is voiced specifically for guitar. The QF2 Copper is voiced for bass, keyboards, and drums, and includes a Mix control to blend the clean signal with the dirt."

QF2 manual (pdf link): http://ironether.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/QF2-manual-RevB.pdf

Again, I bought this brand new in December. These sell for $275 brand new, and I'm asking $210 shipped CONUS.

No box, no manual (see PDF link above). No velcro on back, no battery included. Just the sweet, delicious pedal that it is.

There is absolutely no damage on the pedal whatsoever and it works perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trade Offers

I'm open to any trade offer, shoot something my way and let's see if we can make a deal. I'm always interested in any fuzz, overdrive or distortion pedals.

Here is what I'm specifically looking to trade for +/- cash to make it fair (in order of interest):

• T-Rex Bass Juice Distortion
    • Aguilar Agro (NEW version - I have the old one but want the new body, the one without the lip around the edges)
    • Fuzzrocious Grey Stache
    • Empress ParaEq (new one with bypass switch)
    • Dr. Scientist The Elements Distortion (black version preferred, but am definitely open to white)
    • Mountainking Megalith
    • Depth Charge bass fuzz
    • E.W.S. Effect BMC
    • WMD Utility Parametric EQ
    • FEA Labs Photon Fuzz
    • Catalinbread SFT
    • OKKO Basstard Bass Overdrive
    • Daring Audio Laser Cannon HD (brand new one only - it's silver)
    • Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz
    • Wampler Triple Wreck Distortion
    • Wounded Paw Battering Ram
    • Wounded Paw Attack Goat Bass Fuzz
    • Earthbound Audio Supercollider BEAST Fuzz
    • Zoom B3
    • Malekko B:Assmaster Fuzz
    • Z.VEX Effects Basstortion Bass Distortion
    • MXR M84 Bass Deluxe Fuzz
    • Plush FX Jersey Thunder Bass Boost

2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

3. jsohlander

Likely deal pending. Fastest turnaround ever!

4. jsohlander

5. Register to disable this ad