1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT: IRON PIG from Earthbound Audio

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jdfarrell81, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Hi,

I'm really glad I got to try the Iron Pig, but it's just not what I'm looking for at the moment. It's dead mint and in the box.

$145 shipped.

And I'm open to just about any trade ideas. I'm really GASing for: Catalinbread SFT, Earthquaker Monarch, IE Xerograph, Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus, Wilson Freaker Wah, any weird modulation effects.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Merry Xmas bump.

And to answer the question asked by a few folks: "Why are people already flipping the Iron Pigs?"

I can't speak for anyone else, but, for me, it's just not a sound that I'll use often enough to justify keeping the pedal. Don't get me wrong -- it's a really awesome sound.

The Iron Pig excels at several things. In my experience, it truly shines when cranked up. Sure, it can do subtle, but it's not what it does best. It shines with pick-style playing. Finger style sounds just fine, but the clarity and attack of a pick works exceptionally well. If you play chords with any regularity, this might be your new favorite pedal. Chords sound massive and rich. This last fact is the most compelling reason I'm considering keeping the pedal. Power chords have never sounded better.

If I was still playing doom (or any slow, heavy music) on a regular basis, you'd have to pry this pedal out of my cold, dead, Saint Vitus-worhsipping fingers.
  3. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

If I didn't already have one on order, i'd be on this.
  4. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Price drop bump!

$145 shipped
  5. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

6. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

7. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

That's the most tempting suggestion so far, no doubt, but I don't think the Noisebox is something I'd use very much. Super cool pedal though, and I appreciate the offer.
  8. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Replied.
  9. Insouciance

Insouciance

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

If you love the LM308 sound, this is for you. Earthbound's Supercollider made the Muff something I could believe in. Now they have done the same with the Iron Pig. No longer will the Rat sound like a thin and nasally Ray Romano in pedal form, but a girthy low end extravaganza. I'm gonna go play with mine now! BUY THIS!
  10. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

You make a good point, sir! I'll happily trade for a Supercollider with mids knob. I'd like to give the Supercollider another try.
  11. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Your enthusiasm made me think that maybe I'm being hasty, so I just went and played the Iron Pig through an old Marshall tube amp into some 15s, and I have to admit...it was beautiful.

For now, the Pig stays. I'll give it a bit longer to show me what its got.

Insouciance, if you're not in marketing, you should be. You made me want to buy a pedal I already own. Well done! Now I just need to buy another Supercollider.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.