FS/FT: Johnk Fat-Tone OD!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Unchain, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage. Supporting Member

Up for sale/trade is my Johnk handmade Fat-Tone overdrive. More info about the pedal can be found here: http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/CustomPedals.html

For those who don't know, Johnk has tried/built every overdrive under the sun and this circuit is one of his very favorites. From what I understand, it's a variation of the classic Tube Sound Fuzz/Greed Tone Overdrive design, but with a lot more to offer.

[​IMG]

Here's what Johnk has to say about it:
    This one also include the three way toggle switch ($20 option) and a lo-boost switch; low end loss isn't even a question with this guy. The picture shows the pedal with the stock chrome knobs, but I replaced them with black Davies #1510 knobs because I needed to be able to look down and see exactly where my settings are at; both sets will be included.

Only around 10 of these were made, so they don't show up too often! Can do anything from light overdrive to full-on blown tube amp sounds, all while remaining amazingly transparent. It has a way of bringing the fury while leaving your tone uncolored. Want a light OD to push a tube amp into light breakup? No problem. Got a P Bass? Crank the gain midway, hit the MORE setting and Starve switch and BOOM, you'll think Geezer Butler is in the room.

So why am I selling it? This pedal sounds HUGE, but I have a modded BOSS ODB-3 which just works for the overdrive sound I need with my current project, even though it colors my tone and loses a bit of low end. If I could, I'd just sell the ODB-3 and keep this, but alas, I need to raise some funds as I'm starting school for my EE degree this fall and need to pay my entrance fees.

I'm letting this go for $190 shipped CONUS. I do need money, but I will consider all trades, just send them my way, who knows, I could really need it! Worst I'll say is no.
  2. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Bump for a solid guy and great JohnK build.
  3. Unchain

Thanks dude! Everything JohnK does, from his guitars to his pedals, is beyond excellent.
  4. Unchain

Dang, this is already SOLD pending payment!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Unchain

Payment received, this is off to a good home. Thanks again, TB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.