1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS/FT: LDS 215 with JBL E-140'S. Excellent condition.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by nogoodwithnames, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nogoodwithnames

nogoodwithnames Supporting Member

*Ok, really need to SELL this cab! Make me an offer, anything reasonable will not be refused.

I've come to the realization that this is just too much cab for me. I most always play through our PA, so this ends up staying home. Simply no need for it.
    Great cab, Don at LDS certainly does great work. The JBL E-140's sound great! They have a well deserved reputation.
    Following info is from the original sale thread, hope jnewmark doesn't mind. :)

Hate to do this, but the days of me hauling around this big guy are over. Built for me by Don Oatman at LDS in 2010, is my beautiful 215 cab, loaded with JBL E140's, and a bullet, 200 watt titanium tweet with attenuator, for some high end sizzle. Don is a master builder, and his tolex work is incomparable. No nicks, tears, marks. The tweeter is a type I think Jorg uses in his cabs. Specs are 44" tall, about 16" deep, and 23.5" wide. I used it with a MusicMan HD 150 head and the tone was glorious. Wide enough for Bassman type heads, or rack mounts. Old school, coupled with a modern tweeter, it really can sing. Don searched out some really nice rubber casters, and she moves around effortlessly. Also comes with homemade cloth slipcover. Bar handles on either side are the scooped out metal type. Really an easy load in with a hatchback type vehicle - just roll her out, tip in, and shove. 4 ohms, rated at 400 watts.

As for trades, I'm interested in:
    4 string basses

Amps, open to anything here

Pedals, nothing in particular, run it by me. Would love a good blend pedal or anything darkglass.

Pretty open to trades, feel free to make an offer.

I'm gonna put the trade value at say $450, sell for $400 I don't see shipping being a real option with this thing, just too big. Unless someone can shed some light on how to ship something this big, its gonna have to be semi-local to Ottawa, OH 45875. Willing to drive a couple hours to make the deal work.

Any questions feel free to ask! Thanks
  2. nogoodwithnames

Pics.

Attached Files:

3. nogoodwithnames

Pics

Attached Files:

4. Joedog

Joedog

Dang! I need it probably less than you do, but I'd love to have it! Good thing you are so far away! I bet she sounds sweet! Good luck and free bump-o.
  5. nogoodwithnames

Thanks! She certainly does sound sweet, if I didn't already have a pile of gear that I really don't need in my current situation id hold onto it for awhile.
  6. nogoodwithnames

Keep the offers coming!
  7. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

Wonder how this would sound with a Streamliner 600... And how conservative that 400 watts is because the Streamliner is 600 at 4 ohms. I'm also fair local - driving distance anyway.

Oh, and trade for an LDS 3-way Neodymium loaded cab? 12, 8, 5.25. 500 watts at 8 ohms. About 40 pounds.
  8. nogoodwithnames

From the original owner:

I would say the cab is conservatively rated at 400 watts ( each E140 is rated at 200 ), and the tweeter is 200 watts. Don mistakenly took the specs for the K140, which is rated at 150 watts. I personally have used this 4 ohm cab with a Carvin BX1500, bridged with no problem, but I don't play a 5 string, and play what I would call " Moderately loud ".

I would think this cab can easily handle your streamliner as long as you're smart with it and don't crank the bass.
    I have run it without pa support powered by an old carvin power amp pumping out 900 watts bridged and it handled it without breaking a sweat. Of course I had the volume at about 4 so it wasn't seeing all of those watts.
    Since you're close Id be happy to let you come try it out with your gear and see what you think. As far as trade, I'm really not looking for cabs, unless its a good 2x12. Just kinda stuck on those lately. I'm looking more for amps or basses at this point. Of course cash sale is good too. Thanks!
  9. nogoodwithnames

Need to move this cab bump.
  10. nogoodwithnames

Bump. Make an offer,, I will look into shipping If necessary
  11. nogoodwithnames

Bump. Love to trade for a micro head.
  12. icke2433

icke2433 Supporting Member

Interested in just selling the speakers?
  13. nogoodwithnames

Only if I can find someone that wants the empty cab too.

Not ready to split it up.
  14. nogoodwithnames

Can't edit OP, price drop to $375.
  15. nogoodwithnames

16. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Interested in an IPR 1600 DSP in trade? I can make other offers, I've been eyeing that cab for a while and I'm local enough to meet up. :)
  17. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Cheap big cab action bump.
  18. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I'm tempted, but I've been lightening the load with 4x8 cabs 112s and 110s.

Nothing over 35 pounds and modular.

This would be handy for this certain gigs that need go boom!

Great cabs dem LDS.

GLWTS!
  19. nogoodwithnames

Trade pending!
  20. nogoodwithnames

Trade complete. Thanks christw! Enjoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.