1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT - Leduc PAD-6.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Trabeen, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trabeen

Trabeen Extra gluten, please. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

A sweet made-in-France sixer not very frequently seen on this side of the big water, superbly designed and built. All paduak construction; body, 2-piece neck, and fretboard. Very cool recessed controls (volume - pan - bass boost - treble boost) with EMGs, more of what I'd call a modern sound than not. 18mm spacing, bolt neck, locking jack, around 9 1/2 pounds on the bathroom guilt machine. In very nice shape with no major dings or boogers front and back, no discernible fretwear noticed. I feel a little fret sprout in spots, nothing major and nothing that bothered me enough to pay someone to clean up. Includes the original padded Leduc gig bag and a brand new set of 30-pound Circle K strings. Sale price $1500 $1200 shipped CONUS, I'm also open to trades involving narrower (17-ish mm) fives or sixes of equal schwing factor, preference to maple boards. EU sale no problem, PM me with your city and post code for a USPS shipping quote if you're looking to bring this one back home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

0   0   0

That's a beautiful bass. The bridge is very interesting. Good luck with the sale!

Subscribed.
  3. iuserneim

iuserneim Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

hell yeah !
    completely made of padouk ? now that's mad ! should have called it MADouk, haha.
    you don't have any sound clips, do you ?

is it a one piece neck ?
    pity it isn't a 5 string...
  4. jamontap

jamontap

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

This is my old bass and it smokes people. One of the finest crafted basses that i've ever owned.
  5. Lulu

Lulu Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Great Leduc, I should have the same but in 5 strings in the coming months
  6. ventor

ventor

0   0   0

I've got the 5-er and must say it's really amazing!! good luck with the sale!
  7. Vakmere

Vakmere

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

single or double truss rod?
  8. Vakmere

Vakmere

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

What pre is in it?
  9. Trabeen

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

It's been said that the preamp on these is built by EBS to Leduc specs but I'm not able to tell you that with 100% certainty. I'll snap a picture of the cavity when I get home and PM it to you...
  10. Vakmere

Vakmere

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I appreciate your time.
  11. Joel Graham

Joel Graham I Brake for Basses! Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

I read that Mr. Leduc was so impressed in the sonic properties of Paduak that this instrument was born. Looks like a great instrument to explore clear, harmonious tones with plenty of grunt as well... These basses are on my GAS list...
  12. bassteban

bassteban

Rating - 100%
    99   0   1

I've dug these basses for EVER. GREAT price
  13. Trabeen

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

...and sold, thanks very much James.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.