1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT: Lightwave Classica A Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lokire, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokire

Lokire

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

This is a fretless Lightwave Classica A style bass. Ash body, Maple/Walnut neck, Rosewood board, flame maple top, transparent blue finish. It was made in late 2005 and from what I understand is one of the nicer made ones (the cheaper ones being the natural finish ones from 2004 and earlier 2005). This one has both the Lightwave system and Piezo pickups.

It sounds sweet. Very versatile tone, with 3 band pre (sweepable mids), piezo, and the pickup selector emulation switch. I'll probably record some soundclips later this week, and maybe take some better pictures too. It's in great condition.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I got the bass in a trade last week, and I just don't think it's for me. I don't play much 4-string, or fretless really. I'm open to trades as well. Not looking for anything specific, but 5+ strings would be a big plus (has to be 18/19mm spacing at the bridge), and natural or burst finishes are my faves :cool:

Otherwise, lets say $500 shipped and it's yours :)
    PM me with any offers or questions.
  2. digidealaybb404

digidealaybb404

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sorry to see you had the same problems witht this that I did. But man did I love the tone of this thing. It plays beautifly with a good set-up, and had it been fretted it would still be mine.
  3. Lokire

Lokire

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Yeah, it's a great bass, just not for me. It's cool to get first hand experience with a lightwave bass though, since it's a cool bass and an interesting concept. Glad you got a sweet MTD out of it :)

There's a deal pending right now, but in case that doesn't go through, or you just want to look at some pretty pictures :)smug: ), here's some pics that I just took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (The center circle of the logo didn't show up very well - it's a nice pearly red color. And I have the truss cover as well, just forgot to put it back on for the pics)

:cool:
  4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Is this sold?
  5. ibz

ibz

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Whoa, I'd hope it'd be after being posted over a year ago!
  6. Lokire

Lokire

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Yep. Long gone :p
  7. cricketfever32

cricketfever32

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

might i suggest closing this thread?
  8. Lokire

Lokire