1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: Lightwave Classica A Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lokire, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokire

Lokire

This is a fretless Lightwave Classica A style bass. Ash body, Maple/Walnut neck, Rosewood board, flame maple top, transparent blue finish. It was made in late 2005 and from what I understand is one of the nicer made ones (the cheaper ones being the natural finish ones from 2004 and earlier 2005). This one has both the Lightwave system and Piezo pickups.

It sounds sweet. Very versatile tone, with 3 band pre (sweepable mids), piezo, and the pickup selector emulation switch. I'll probably record some soundclips later this week, and maybe take some better pictures too. It's in great condition.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I got the bass in a trade last week, and I just don't think it's for me. I don't play much 4-string, or fretless really. I'm open to trades as well. Not looking for anything specific, but 5+ strings would be a big plus (has to be 18/19mm spacing at the bridge), and natural or burst finishes are my faves :cool:

Otherwise, lets say $500 shipped and it's yours :)
    PM me with any offers or questions.

2. digidealaybb404

digidealaybb404

Sorry to see you had the same problems witht this that I did. But man did I love the tone of this thing. It plays beautifly with a good set-up, and had it been fretted it would still be mine.

3. Lokire

Lokire

Yeah, it's a great bass, just not for me. It's cool to get first hand experience with a lightwave bass though, since it's a cool bass and an interesting concept. Glad you got a sweet MTD out of it :)

There's a deal pending right now, but in case that doesn't go through, or you just want to look at some pretty pictures :)smug: ), here's some pics that I just took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (The center circle of the logo didn't show up very well - it's a nice pearly red color. And I have the truss cover as well, just forgot to put it back on for the pics)

:cool:

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ibz

ibz Supporting Member

Whoa, I'd hope it'd be after being posted over a year ago!

7. Lokire

Lokire

Yep. Long gone :p

8. cricketfever32

cricketfever32

might i suggest closing this thread?

9. Lokire

Lokire

Perhaps I will :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.