1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS/FT: Live/tour Rig (B1500, 2 x 810, full rack, ect)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ledyard, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ledyard

ledyard

First the FT part Is very limited and just a feeler. Not reeeeally interested in trading so much.

Ok, so after leaving my band of 5 years I'm pretty bitter about the whole music scene in general. Couple that with going to work with my brother this summer and being out of town M-F, there's nothing band related in my future for the next couple years. So..... my loss, your gain I guess.

Now..... I would prefer to sell the whole thing as a unit. Obviously I wont be shipping the cabs. I have the means to transport the rig and might be willing to drive 2 (mayyyyybe 3 hours for an extra $50 in gas) From the Syracuse/Ithaca/Binghamton NY area to meet you. But I will sell as follows:

1) Rack with both cabs (most preferred and best deal)

2) Rack only (which I will ship)

3) Rack plus one cab (will not ship)

4) both cabs together (obviously no shipping)

On to the goods:

Rack:
    ***Calzone 8 space rack (anvil style, heavy duty as can be and super heavy duty latches, not those gator pieces of crap). Covered with stickers from a touring bassist before me but its in great shape

*** Furman power conditioner with pull out lights

*** Two space rack drawer with a latch so it doesn't fly open.

*** Carvin B1500. Excellent cosmetic and functioning. You know the one kids.

Cabs:
    *** Ampeg 810cl, 2001 IIRC. It was wired in 410/410 style when I got it. Not original. I returned it to normal but I ran them all to one jack for now. Good shape cosmetically for a 13-14 year old cab. No giant pieces of tolex missing ect. No huge rips. I'd say pretty good shape considering how some of these look. Speakers, sound, ect... all G2G

*** Ampeg 810 VR, (includes a padded full cover!!) this cab is friggin awesome. Its the 6th or 7th ampeg cab I have owned including an all original 72'. This one is the best by a mile. Near mint condition. I cannot remember the year off the top of my head (its not at my house to check either) but its either 07 or 09'. I was really concerned with the year because it was foreign made. But back when I purchased it I started a thread about it and Jimmy M and an ampeg serial number link helped me figure out that it was a gem. The right half of its manufacture year to make it when they switched back to real wood, not particle board, and the updated drivers which IMHO are the best ones since the 70's.
    I have played a 72 SVT, SVT II, SVT 7pro, and my carvin through this cab. It is the single best sounding cab I have owned. SO If I sold A single cab and the rack I would prefer keeping this cab. If someone needs the verification I am referring to I might be able to dig up the thread where I discovered the info. But be serious....I'm not doing all that digging for tire kickers!!!

I was running this rig in 2ohm, both cabs. You could probably shoot down a plane with this rig. Its unreal how loud and clear it sounds. The reason I went with the B1500 was because of the talk of headroom and being completely stable and trustworthy at 2ohm. After a real bad carvin redline experience in the late 90's and swearing off carvin for good.... I'm glad I got it. I'd buy another one in a second.

Prices:

The whole rig picked up: $1550. A steal IMHO

Rack: $650 shipped. << Mostly because shipping will be an easy $75. I WILL NOT separate anything in the rack at this time!!

Cabs: Classic - $500 / VR - $650 (don't forget the $100+ cover)

Rack and one cab: $1000 for CL and Rack / $1100 for VR and Rack

Both cabs only: $1000

Trades...... Only thing that might get my interest going right now is guitar gear.
    A LTD EC1000

Late 80's/early 90's LP studio (not studio light).

Jackson Dinky or dinky reverse (Hard tail only! with real pups, ie: higher end Japan series)

Schecter Flying V hard tail (the discontinued ones)

Ampeg VH140c

Ampeg VH150

5150/6505

Various high gain half stacks....no crap...ie Bugera, marshall MG ect...

But really I'd just prefer to sell it all. I might even be persuaded to sell my prized turd brown rattle can finished 94' 62RI P bass with aftermarket J neck.

Pics to follow.

2. ledyard

ledyard

Attached Files:

3. Bean639

Bean639 Supporting Member

I'm trying to pm.... having problems.

4. ledyard

ledyard

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ledyard

ledyard

You cannot PM me because your PM's are full. Empty your in box and sent box.

7. Bean639

Bean639 Supporting Member

8. ledyard

ledyard

Just wanted to re emphasize I'm really not interested in trades. Also not interested in trades for other bass gear.

9. ledyard

ledyard

10. ledyard

ledyard

:bassist:

Open to offers. Not looking to fire sale but reasonable offers.

11. ledyard

ledyard

The rack has been posted in its own thread too with a price drop.

12. ledyard

ledyard

13. ledyard

ledyard

14. ledyard

ledyard