1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS/FT LowEnd Alfonso Iturra Scroll 5 Burl Maple Flame Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Neuroman, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Put a fork in me. Supporting Member

FOR TRADE ONLY

Alfonso Iturra Scroll 5 String.

• 34" Scale
    • Burl Maple Flame top
    • Flame Maple finger board.
    • Multi piece Ash neck-through
    • 3 LowEnd Slim Custom Pickups with Hardwood Covers
    • Benavente 3 band EQ system.
    • Brand New ABS Hardshell Case

This bass has amazing versatility in tone with the 3 pickups (each with its own gain control) and Benavente electronics. It feels very easy and fast with low action and no frett buzz. You can dial in a very "woody" organic sound if you want it which is tough to do with other basses and a testament to it's versatility. The neck is straight and the frets have very little fret wear (played almost exclusively with tapewound strings which are very easy on the frets and fingerboard). Black "Vines of Life" fingerboard art is removable. The burling in the top wood is pretty deep in places and the top finish has some minor flaking at spots where the darker burling has a different density and has reacted to temperature changes differently than the surrounding wood over time. It is not noticeable except for up close. Check out the photos which show the figuring/burling line starting between the neck and neck pickup and then extending outward toward the edge of the bass for the best and most significant example. The other area is to the left of the bridge at the seam of the top wood and the body wood.

The previous (original) owner informed me that this bass has LED fretmarker dots in the face of the fingerboard but some of the LED bulbs don't light up anymore. I am not fond of LED's so I never tried to diagnose or replace them. You may also notice that the scroll looks a little bit different on this bass compared to other Iturra Scroll basses. The original owner had the scroll customized to make this bass a double cut versus the typical single cut design. To me, this adds to the elegance of its appearance and overall design and is one of the things which attracted me to this particular bass.

About Alfonso Iturra

Alfonso Iturra is a world renowned Spanish luthier of super premium quality hand made basses and guitars. He sells his instruments in the United States on a very limited bases through The LowEnd Bass Shop in Tennessee. LowEnd collaborated with Alfonso on the electronics used in his basses and matched this particular bass with a version of Chris Benevente's preamp and pickups which is unique to the LowEnd and perfectly suited to the wood selection and design characteristics of this bass. This is a very rare, beautiful, rich sounding and versatile instrument.

Trade value $2,600 - $3,000.

Trade interests are 5 string fretted or fretless - particularly Roscoe, Pavel, Zon & Fbass.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Bump for a beautiful bass and great TBer.

3. Kyle Matthews

Kyle Matthews Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Proudly Endorse: Source Audio, Trailer Trash Pedal Boards & GerogeL Cables
    This bass is a true work of art and has tone for days. Bump for an amazing bass and even more amazing TB'r.

4. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Played one of these a few years ago, absolutely top notch basses.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Macrocosmcwh

Macrocosmcwh Gold Supporting Member

bump for stunning bass!!!! (wipe drool off of chin)

7. Kyle Matthews

Media:
    Disclosures:
    I cannot beleive this is still here. This is a steal for this amazing bass.

8. Kyle Matthews

Media:
    Disclosures:
    This is an amazing price for a bass of this calibur!

9. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Put a fork in me. Supporting Member

10. Kyle Matthews

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Bump for an awesome tb'r

11. warrior5st

warrior5st Supporting Member

Absolutely beautiful bass. I find myself constantly on TB and Craigslist searching for basses endlessly. If this disorder is real, then I'm at the beginning stages of my addiction. I want to stop but I can't. Some body please give me some advice on how to stop Hoarding basses. If I had the money, I'd get your bass too.