1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS / FT - Marco MV4 Bass - Quilted Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cjlembo, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjlembo

cjlembo Supporting Member

Recently received this in a trade and, although I like it and it is really nice, I already have too many similar sounding basses....so I am offering it here to see if anyone else is interested.

I contacted Marco to get the specs on the woods he used and here is his answer:

Top and back (wings) - quilted maple
    Center block - maple red leaf
    Neck - Ipe (a very hard wood from Brazil)
    Fretboard - purple heart
    Passive custom wound pickups with tone and volume plus 2 on/off toggle switches for the pickups.

He also mentioned that this was originally made for a Marco endorser.

Looking to get $1100 OBO. Comes with a gig bag.
    (According to Marco, this bass would be $3800 new now with these wood options...so this is a lot of bass for a little money)

Trade interests: 4-string or 5-string trades (34" scale is preferable). Lakland, Fender (active preferred) Jazz or P-basses, Music Man, Spector, Warwick....will really entertain most reasonable offers. Would also entertain a trade down with cash coming to me, but would rather not do a trade up with cash out of my pocket. Also interested in any "out of the ordinary" basses. My main interests are active basses but I would not rule out a passive bass. Not interested in any fretless basses (since I have proven to myself more than once that I cannot play them).

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1386050430.185925.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1386050443.159382.jpg

Thanks for looking.
  2. cjlembo

More photos ImageUploadedByTalkBass1386050644.138127.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1386050658.605457.jpg
  3. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Very nice! I love my Marco Bass, his passive pick ups sound incredible.

What is the weight of the Bass?
  4. cjlembo

It is extremely light...I would guess in the 8 pound range. I can weigh it on Wednesday evening when I get back in town.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cjlembo

Updated the original post with more detailed trade interests.
  7. cjlembo

Trade pending. Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.