1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: MIJ Custom Trans Green Acrylic Fernandes Mockingbird, quartersawn, EMG's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by j.kernodle, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Really need to move some stuff and free up some cash. For sale, $899 plus actual shipping paypal ok. ***see last post***

I'm gonna use Quadzilla's description (purchased from him in Feb 2011) since I don't think I can say it any better.

"Fernades Custom Shop trans-green acrylic Mockingbird. Has awesome inlays, EMG active pickups. It's not as heavy as most acrylic basses. This one just under 11 lbs.

From what little I can find out about it, this was made in the Fernandes Custom Shop in Japan. It's a one of a kind from what I'm told. Not another one like it out there (please let me know if my sources are incorrect). It was custom ordered from a Fernades dealer in Tokyo.

Craftsmanship is second to none. Neck pocket and all joints are TIGHT. All routes and holes are very precise. 3-piece maple neck, awesome fretwork, rolled edges on board, etc.

It's built like a boutique. Great time and care was taken when creating this baby. The factory case is custom molded to the shape of the body and the case is the original case (has Fernandes logo on it)."

The bass has a very nice 3 piece maple neck with a quartersawn middle section. Very very nice. Brass nut and aggressive rock tone for days. This bass is not a gimick, I've gigged with it twice and the tone rivals my Hazlab Spector.

As far as imperfections, the clear plastic volume knob (the only knob) has a little chip in it. This type of knob can be purchased online for a couple of bucks, the one on it functions perfectly. The bass is near mint, but has a couple of swirls in the acrylic if you get up close, the neck has a small little impression that I tried to photograph, but you can hardly feel it.

The case is a custom fit tolex covered deal. a few blemishes in the covering from use, but overall functionally perfect and very very cool blue crushed interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Gamma Bass Guitars
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Woah. It's an...ALIEN!

4. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

This is so awesome. I seriously wish I could swing $1100 right now!

Free bump cause this bass is sexy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Moreheadroom

Moreheadroom

Wow!! it looks..............radio active. Is it safe to play?

7. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

if you have a jealous spouse or significant other, no. also, this is the best bass for metal.

8. maguire

maguire Supporting Member

9. maguire

maguire Supporting Member

What do the fretboard inlays mean?

10. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

no clue on the inlays, sadly.

could be a recipe for soup for all I know.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Bump for an awesome bass. If I had cash laying around this would make me feel fuzzy inside.

12. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Bump with price drop to $999 shipped to lower 48, with fee free payment method.

13. Pillgrimm13

Pillgrimm13

is this the one that sold on ebay last year or the year before for 5 or 600? i bid on it but lost cuz i was at work when it ended :crying:

14. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

umm, if it did I sure don't know about it. I traded for this with another TB'er. my guess was he picked it up somewhere local... either way, I have about 1100 bucks in it based on what I traded for it and based on build quality, sound and rarity I'd say its worth at least that.

I don't use TB to make money,if I get a good deal on something I'll generally try to get my shipping costs back out of it when I sell (nothing more).

If it doesn't sell or someone doesn't want to swap something for it, I'll keep it. Not desperate.

15. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

16. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

make me some offers tb'ers. I'd really like to clear some stuff out since my mike lull is almost done. thanks.

17. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

That's certainly not what I paid (I wish)!

Anyway, best of luck with the sale. GREAT BASS!!!!!!!

18. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Last price reduction. $899 plus actual shipping to you.

If it doesn't sell. It stays with me. SOMEBODY in an 80's cover band needs this bass. You WILL have uncomfortable moments if you do not like attention from attractive 23 year old girls. Either way, you will be pleased with your purchase that will be shipped securely in a brand new U-Line 50-20-8 heavy duty box with plenty of cushioning materials to protect your unique sexy bass in its lovely form fitting show-off case.

Best of luck to you all.

19. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

That's a chinese character..meaning "Dance"
    I am not chinese haha

20. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

21. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Perfect for anyone thinking about a Missing Persons cover band; even better if random LED's were flashing inside the body (free bump).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.