FS/FT: Modulus Q6 6 String-Quilt Top, Black Cherry

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

This is a great bass, I'm just not getting the 6 string thing. Modulus Quantum 6 bass, 1990 model with quilt maple top, black cherry finish. No truss rod during this period, but there is no need with the carbon fiber composite neck. The neck is perfect, never moves, low smooth action. This has amazing tone and these higher end EMGs along with the pre just kill. This is in excellent playing condition, low smooth action, very comfortable neck, and looks very good. Front looks good with only a few minor dings. The back shows a few little dings and surface buckle rash from 20+ years of gigging, but nothing through the finish. There is a paint chip on the back edge (not to the wood), behind where your arm would rest (see photo's), I tried to get different angles so I made it look worse. It has been touched up, but never any structural damage. You can't see it from the front or when looking straight on at the back. On that back edge it tends to blend in with the finish. A used hardshell tolex case is included, which has several little dings, but works properly (all latches are fine).
    I have a set of gold and a set of black knobs included. Both are in the photo's.
    Modulus made one of the best 6-stringers.
    Actual Bass Weight: 9.72 pounds
    •Quilted maple top over alder body
    •6-string Quantum model
    •Gold hardware, plus extra set of black knobs.
    •EMG pickups/preamp
    •35” Scale
    You will love the feel and tone of this bass.
    The more formal photo's were taken at the bass store where I work, as it came in, just before I bought it.
    FS: [DEL]$1400 [/DEL] $1365 shipped cont. USA. Paypal
    FT: Modulus Q5, Zon 5, Roscoe 5, Lull 4 or 5, Lakland 55-94, 55-02 (sunburst/maple board), Fender USA P-Bass 4 string (specific finishes) (cash either way)
    http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/kshipley1/library/1990 Modulus Q6?sort=3&page=1
  2. kshipley1

3. kshipley1

PMs answered.
  4. kshipley1

Not sure why this hasn't sold. It's a great bass at an amazing price, even for a player (Vs collector condition). What I'm I missing? Hmmm.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kshipley1

Beautiful bass bump
  7. kshipley1

8. kshipley1

Ok, final price cut. $1365 shipped cont. usa. This is a pretty amazing deal.
  9. kshipley1

closing thread tonight
  10. DannyBob

DannyBob

Ooooh, pretty! Just wish I had the cash for that one
  11. kshipley1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.