1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT: Presonus Studio Channel

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Unchain, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Up for sale is a lightly used Presonus Studio Channel which makes for an exceptional, feature packed preamp for bass, (especially for the price) as well as a very, very functional piece of studio gear for those with smaller, budget setups. Here are the specs from the Presonus website:

It has a very dark blue colored face, I have seen some images of some with much brighter blue faces, I am not sure if there is any difference beyond the color. It looks great, especially with the old school VU meter.

Will ship in original box with power supply and I believe I have all documentation for it as well, but I will check tonight when I get home. I believe the currently installed tube is a Mesa SPAX7-A, which is the tube I received with it. I could pop in a Tung-Sol if you'd prefer. Everything works perfectly, no issues at all.

Price is $160 shipped CONUS or best offer, feel free to send them, worst I'll say is "No thanks!"

Trade fodder I'm looking for would be pedals (all sorts, just run em by me), a chrome Babicz bridge or set of 3 Hipshot HB7 tuners (plus cash from you) or a maple Fender Roadworn P Bass neck (plus cash from me). Other offers will be considered though, just run them by me.

Attached Files:

• psc.jpg
      psc.jpg
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Unchain

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Great piece of kit bump!

I used it with both Crown and Nady power amps and it drove either with no problem and loved the tone. I ran a Tech 21 VT Bass in front of it for extra grit, but the Tube Drive knob can dial in a nice amount of tube warmth. The Studio Channel did an incredible job of making an the already warm, tubesque sound of the VT Bass and making it even better. With some tweaking, I was able to nail a multitude of excellent bass tones and when playing through my dual Ampeg 410HE cabs, I was able to dial out some of the unnecessary speaker emulation that wasn't bypassable in the v1 VT Bass.

The other thing I was mainly using this for was a vocal preamp. If you're just going straight from your vocal mic into an inexpensive audio interface, this will take your vocals to the next level. It also works very well with a DAW to give your tracks a little bit of hardware love, I used it on the final mixes of some songs to add just a little hardware EQ and compression and it worked quite well for that. Really, if you take a signal from any instrument (guitar, acoustics, vocals, keyboards/synths, MPC or even a line level from an iPad or Android device), pass it through this box and find your settings, there is a good chance it will sound better than it did previously.
  3. Unchain

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

To the top!
  4. Jordybass

Jordybass "Like a head with my chicken cut off" Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

5. Unchain

Rating - 100%