1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: Reverend Decision Bass, OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by aproud1, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aproud1

aproud1 I don't feel tardy? Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Up for sale is my Reverend Decision bass in Oceanside Green. Beautiful look, sounding and playing bass. Plays like a dream, balances perfectly and the electronics sound great and are dead quiet. This is the best sounding P/J I've ever heard.

Bass has had several mods. Added a Delano J pickup and wired the bass V/V/T with Bourns model 82 pots and a Mojo Dijon cap. Added black aluminum knobs, oversized strap buttons, Hipshot ultralight tuners and a bone nut.

Bass is in excellent condition with one exception. The rosewood on the bass side of the nut chipped when removed the original. Was a small piece and glued it back in but one sliver from the side is missing, it certainly looks a little ugly on close inspection. Does not affect and functions of the bass and the nut is perfectly supported. The macro on my camera got a terrifying shot of it below.

Looking for a four string bigger necked bass or a nice P bass neck in trade. Basses need to be less than 9.5 lbs. Feel free to run anything by me.

Outright sale looking for $650 shipped in the US. $600 shipped with the original tuners installed and I keep the ultralights. Willing to ship to Canada as long as buyer pays additional shipping fees. Ships in the Reverend hard shell case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Hi - potentially interested in this bass. I have a few questions about the mods. 1) curious why you swapped out the j-pickup. How would you compare the two, and do you still have the original? 2) I've never played one of these, but I am assuming from your vvt mod that it has no tone control stock?

Looks like the nut repair is pretty stable - is there any epoxy fill under the chip, or just glued back?

thx-

Ben

3. aproud1

Media:
    I have the original pickup (happy to include it). Didn't feel like it sounded beefy enough with the Split brick pickup. The Delano really made an improvement. It is wired volume, volume tone. Totally passive, no pre amp.

Nut is solid, no issues. Didn't use epoxy, just superglue.

I am the original owner. Bought it brand new in August.

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

Cool bass, aproud. Can I ask what the width at the nut is, and what is the neck profile like?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aproud1

Media:
    Thanks Woody!

Nut is 1 21/32". Neck shape is an oval. Similar to a Carvin neck but just a hair flatter. Pretty comfy.

7. aproud1

Media:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.