1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS/FT: Reverend Rumblefish XL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Madcity Fats, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

Up for consideration is a stellar example of Rumblefish XL. If you're looking, you probably know what it is, but in short, it's a J/J configuration with a 3-position switch that selects between both pickups in parallel, neck pickup solo'd, and both in series for HUGE bass response. This thing can easily cop both J and P tones. The neck is a dreamy rolled J-profile. The tone is insane.

The bass is all original and the condition is superb. I'd conservatively rate it a 9 out of 10. The only issues are barely worth mentioning, but for the sake of absolute disclosure, there's a tiny impression on the back of the neck behind the 4th fret (can't feel it or photograph it), and the white "sidewalls" are yellowing just slightly, which is common with these (and likely inevitable over time).

Straight sale price is $875 shipped (CONUS) obo in a decent, no-name gig bag (nicely padded, buckle for the right shoulder strap is missing--probably an easy fix, or if you're like me and always just sling 'em over your left, you might just cut the durn thing off).

Currently set up like a dream with D'Addario Chromes (45-65-80-100) and ready to rock right out of the box.

Willing to entertain trades but have some guidelines:

- Passive four-stringers only. Nothing active, no fivers. Sorry, just not my bag.

- Have a shoulder issue, so trade bait needs to be in the range of 9 lbs max. A tad over might be okay, but the closer to 8 lbs the better.

Dream trade would be for a lightweight hog/ebony G&L slot-pole L-1000. Hey, I said dream. First generation G&L SB-2 or Lynx would also get my attention. Other J-style basses or oddball suggestions welcome. Budget is tight, so a straight trade or trade plus cash from you would be ideal. Okay, on to the pics ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! Check my feedback. You won't be disappointed. PM with offers or questions.
  2. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

SOLD!

Back to the man I acquired her from, as luck would have it. Funny how that works sometimes (I can think of a couple I've let go I wouldn't mind getting back).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.