1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT Roadworn P/J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 68Goldfish, Dec 7, 2013.

1. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Not exactly sure I want to do this as it's been my main bass for sometime. But I think I've decided I like the sound of active basses better. Here for your consideration is a Fender roadworn precision body that I had profesionaly routed for a jazz pickup at the bride and then mated it to a roadworn jazz neck. The body is super light and resonant as you would expect. The paint is the factory nitro and is in "factory condition" meaning it hasn't suffered any abuse that it didn't come new with. Same with the neck. The nitro finish and factory wear on it makes it feel oh some comfortable. There is a slight gap in the neck pocket where they didn't match up perfectly but it's really inconsequential as you can't see it unless your staring right at it and I can't see how it effects the sound of it. The P pickup is stock and the rear pickup is a dimarzio ultrajazz and it's wired stacked volume/volume tone. I don't have the ashtray or pickup cover. It does come with a used fender clam shell case. I'm looking to get 825.00 plus shipping. The only trade I'd consider rigtht now would be a G@L l-2000
    Thanks TB:bassist:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. 68Goldfish

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Some questions about weight and neck dive...I don't have a scale but this bass is super light as all roadworns are, can't be much more than eight pounds. Therefore there is some neck dive, I imagine because the body is so light.
  3. 68Goldfish

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

4. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Beautiful bass. Sent you a PM
  5. 68Goldfish

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

pm's replied to...
  6. deependmusicllc

deependmusicllc Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I added an Aguilar Jazz pickup to my Fender Roadworn Pbass and I love it. The luthier installed a 3-way switch, making it similar to the Tony Franklin bass. So awesome. Good luck with the sale.
  7. 68Goldfish

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

8. 68Goldfish

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

9. 68Goldfish

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

This bass appears to be sold.
  10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

Awesome bass! totally want something like this!