1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS/FT Roscoe Century 5 String Fretless...RELIST with PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TalBass, Feb 27, 2014.

1. TalBass

TalBass Supporting Member

SOLD

This is a Roscoe Century 5 string unlined fretless, and according to Gard at Roscoe, it's a 2005 model that is no longer made. It has a lot in common with the current Century Plus Roscoe model, with a gorgeous Vintage Yellow Quilt Maple top, swamp ash body, gloss finish, black diamondwood fingerboard with side markers, 35 inch scale, graphite nut, three piece neck and brand new D'addario tapewound strings. This bass has an amazing fretless sound, and the Bartolini pickups and the Bartolini three band eq provide a wide array of useful tones, from growly mwaah to a smooth, almost upright sound. It has a wonderful neck which I've adjusted for a very low fretless action.

The bass is in excellent condition. There are a few very tiny depressions in the top, there when I bought the bass, but they are invisible unless you are inches from the bass and the light is just right. The bass comes with the Roscoe case, which is also in excellent condition. The bass weighs just under 9 pounds on my bathroom scale.

I'm only selling the bass because I was able to swing the purchase of the bucket-list fretless of my dreams, a pristine Fbass I recently bought here on TB (thanks, Ryan!). Otherwise, I'd never let this one go.

I need to sell this bass, so I've dropped the price to a firm $1400 and I will split the actual cost of shipping to the continental USA. I don't think you'll find a better deal.

I don't ship internationally. I have 100% positive feedbacks on TB and 143 positive feedbacks on Ebay, with no negatives.

Please contact me if you have questions, and thanks for reading my ad.

Attached Files:

2. TalBass

More pictures...

Attached Files:

3. TalBass

And a couple of more pictures...

Attached Files:

4. lokibass

lokibass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mono Cases www.monocase.com
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TalBass

Bump...great bass and great deal...
  7. SteveC

SteveC

How these $1,500 Roscoe basses last an hour is beyond me. If I hadn't just spent on my Roscoe 6 string I'd be all over these.

Bump for the best bang for the buck value there is. Great American made basses, by great people. The same people by-the-way that make the Custom and Signature basses.
  8. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

Oh for crying out loud! :eek:
  9. modder5s4s

modder5s4s Supporting Member Supporting Member

10. TalBass

Bump for Price Drop...
  11. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

Oh what the heck. I'll take it. Pm headed your way shortly.
  12. TalBass

On hold pending payment...
  13. TalBass