SOLD FS/FT Roscoe Century 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by shlorpdap, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shlorpdap

shlorpdap Supporting Member

I'm looking into possibly selling or trading my Roscoe Century 6 bass. This bass was completed on 01/06/2010 and purchased by me on 12/27/2010. I love everything about this bass but as it turns out, I'm looking for something a bit more aggressive sounding. Its hardly been played and I cant find a single ding or scratch on it other than slight string marks on the pickup covers. Asking price: [DEL]$2600.[/DEL] $2500. Trade value a little higher. I'm really interested in trading up for a Carl Thompson 4 string but don't be shy about sending other offers. [DEL]I will probably only keep this post up for a few days before I go a different route.[/DEL] Thanks for looking…

• Neck: Maple with a Purpleheart center lanination
    • Fingerboard: Wenge
    • Body: Swamp Ash
    • Top: Exhibition Grade Bubinga
    • Electronics: Bartolini NTMB
    • Extras: Roscoe Hardshell case, Truss Rod Wrench, Saddle Adjustment Wrench, Certificate of Authenticity signed by Keith.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SteveC

SteveC

3. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

4. shlorpdap

Yup… This bass is a beauty and it pains me to let it go. I was hoping this would be the bass to end all bass desires but oddly enough it is too perfect :crying: I grew up playing one of the original Yamaha TRB-6P's and I guess I really love its growl and aggressiveness. My fingers and ears have decided that the Yamaha will be my main 6 string so off the Roscoe goes to receive the love it deserves.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf Supporting Member

7. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

8. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

If it's only the tone that you don't like, I suggest swapping out the electronics to Nordstrand or Seymour Duncan dual coils and an Aguilar preamp

9. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Bump for a phenomenally beautiful bass! And a second bump for a super-cool avatar. Long live Homestar Runner!

10. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I agree, a Roscoe Demeter preamp sounds amazing in these basses. The Demeter sounds fantastic with the factory Roscoe Barts, Classic Barts and Nord DCs. The Demeter has a slight mid scoop but has nice tight punchy lows and sweet highs without the clank. Demeter sounds especially nice chording on a 6 string bass. Having a Ash body with Roscoe Barts adds to me, an upper mid bite that I am not crazy about but some people love. A Demeter preamp with Bart Classics will give your bass a modern tone.

My Century Standard has Roscoe Barts with Aggie 3 band, it is dark sounding with heavy mids and will cut through the mix all day long. It has a spanish cedar body with thick maple top.

11. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Just me, but if the seller's looking for "growl", I would steer away from the Demeter - too sweet. Something more devastating, I would think. :smug:

12. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    This would be perfect next to my fretless 6 century sig #6363. Has the electronics I love. May have to do some serious thinking today.

13. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

That is what I get for skimming the original post, I thought he was looking to get away from it. The ash body imo enhances the upper mids and pairing that with the compressed Roscoe Barts which boost low mid then adding the aggie on top, yeah you should get all the mids one could want.

Like in my earlier post about my Century Standard, it is pretty aggressive and can easily get overly aggressive with the twist of a knob.

14. shlorpdap

Thanks for all the great feedback. I wish I had a better understanding of how different woods and electronics affect playability and tone. My real issue is that I guess I like a little bit of what I call flub and fartiness in my basses. This thing is just so perfect that I cant get that kind of feeling from the strings (Translation: I suck and Im blaming the bass :D). Anyways... Here are a few higher quality images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. shlorpdap

I love Zon basses, but I'm heading more towards a Brubaker or CT like style and sound. Thanks for the offer though.

16. shlorpdap

Special preference for 32" scale basses (34" max) with 19mm bridge spacing. Any number of strings. Price is negotiable so don't be afraid to make me an offer.

17. shlorpdap

Price drop. $2500.

18. Funkyputz

Funkyputz

Any interest in a warrior custom 3 pickup 7 string?

19. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    Fyi, on here, there's a GORGEOUS R-bass sc 5'er w/ 33" scale.

20. shlorpdap

21. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Did you try selling it to Strongmad first. :) He's the bass player of Free Country and Strongbadia.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.