1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT: Spector NS-2A w/ upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Reprise, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reprise

Reprise Supporting Member

Recently acquired another Spector, and can 'safely' let this one go now.

If you're familiar with Spectors, you know this is the best 'bang for buck' for getting the 'Spector sound' without shelling out the bucks for a USA NS-2 - moreso with this one, as it has active EMGs in place of the original passive EMGs. Still has the original Korean Haz Labs copy preamp. These are getting increasingly rare to find, and people are holding on to them.

As the previous owner posted almost a year ago here...it's been played and used over it's 30-some-year life. Has a few swirls and scratches and a couple of dings (I can post more detailed pictures for those interested). Was professionally set up by Eric Chas in LA before coming to me.

One of the Schaller tuners was replaced with a Gibson (?) tuner - but you can't tell unless you're looking (closely) at the label on the machine cover on the back. Overall, it's in very good shape for it's age, IMO. I wouldn't hesitate to take it to a gig - and that's what I got it for, but never used it for that.

The only changes on it since I got it were a new 9v (about 30min worth of use on this one), some DR neons (I got a deal on them from Jason at BSO - most people who've seen the bass actually *like* them), and I *raised* the action a bit - so it can be set even lower than it is (I use a 'medium' gauge - switch to lighter strings and the action can easily be lowered again.). Has Duncan straplock ends. Will ship with a serviceable gig bag (same one I given with this bass, IIRC).

Pricing at $600 shipped CONUS only. Interested in the following for trades, plus or minus $ to $$$, depending on the item:

- The white version of this bass (with the original preamp in working order)

- A rosewood jazz neck with white blocks / binding (for an Oly White jazz I'm building)

- An upper end Ibanez (think SR9xx or higher, Prestige, etc. Sorry - no fretted BTBs - they're all 35")

- A nice fretless bass. Must be 34" scale, or 35" max and have the upper horn / straplock extending past the 12th fret. I can accept a 5er, as long as it adheres to the above criteria.

- Sadowsky UV70 w/ VTC. Looking for block inlays here.

- An Aria Steve Bailey Signature (fretless 6er). Must have the SB pickup/pre system in it.

And with that, here are some pics (I can supply more upon request).

Attached Files:

2. Reprise

Two more pics (also, as I post these, I recall that there are a couple of screws missing from the control cover - NBD to me, at least):

Attached Files:

3. Conzo93

Conzo93

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    I sent a pm, did you get it?

4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    This one used to be mine, and it's killer :bassist:

GLWTS!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Reprise

Thanks, MDBass...it was everything you said it would be :bassist: Was one of my favorites this past year.

All PMs answered...line is forming...still available for now.

7. Reprise

Bump - still available.

8. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, EMG and D'Addario
  9. Reprise

Bump.

If the DR Neons are just too much for you, I can replace them with some D'Addarios or whatever I have laying around.
    Not that that alone should keep you from inquiring about this fine player :p

10. Johnny Znuff

Johnny Znuff Supporting Member

11. Bassil

Bassil Supporting Member

Ibanez 1200e premium with hardshell case, your bass + a little??? Its in the classified section right now. Pm me with any thoughts

12. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    Essentially non-existent; the bass had a complete fret dressing (leveling, crowning, etc.) courtesy of Eric Chaz of Eric's Guitar Shop here in LA before I sold it to him ;)

13. Reprise

I wish I had a luthier / tech as good in my little neck of the woods, I tell you.

I'm sorry to say to all of those who've inquired today, both here and in PM - the bass sold as of this morning - payment was sent. Leaving this thread open until it's received by the new owner and all is well.

That being said - check out MDBass' NS-2J-AR for sale. In White. WHITE!
    Had I not just closed a deal on a bass I"ve had on my GAS list for a long time, it'd be on the way to me already.
    Here's a link to that thread, and make sure you play the clip he linked to with it running through a Darkglass B3K - absolutely SICK :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-white-spector-ns-2j-ar-1055381/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.