FS/FT: Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass Active V 5-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MarTONEbass, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

I got this from a local TB'er and it's a great bass with nice features. I just got a Squier 5 string P bass I'm digging as a low-cost bar bass, so I'm letting this one go.

$225 shipped 8/10 condition with Fender gig bag. Local sale/trades always cool too, but I'm a ninja when it comes to shipping :ninja: .

Basswood body
    Maple neck
    Ebonol fingerboard
    20 medium jumbo frets
    34" scale
    2.008" nut width
    Chrome hardware Five-string J Bass pickups
    Pickup Blend control
    Volume, Treble/Mid/Bass & Slap Switch controls
    Weight is 9lbs 14oz

Currently wearing Dr Lo Rider stainless strings. Plays great, I love the smooth matte finish on the neck. The ebanol is somewhere between maple and ebony in terms of tone/hardness..

The neck is clean and there is no minimal fretwear. The pickups have some dings on them and there is a large ding and abrasion on the bottom edge that has been touched up a bit. Previous owner drilled a few extra holes for different strap positions, neither of which you can feel or see while playing. There is light general play wear and some slighlty larger light surface scratches. All controls work. I did like the preamp and overall tone, it can sound aggressive or more mellow with the treble dialed back. Truss rod functions properly. The Fender gig bass seems well used with one broken zipper, although the other zipper works and closes the case properly.

Overall a cool bass, I am continually surprised with the quality and sound of most of the recent Squier stuff.

Trades: GK MB200, 112, BEF Pro, MIK Squier J, Warwick Rock Bass. Run other trades by me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

3. Stag

Stag

I have the same bass, black. I bought as my into to 5 strings. Its my main player now. Good tone, GOOD deal you have here. GLWS!
  4. MarTONEbass

Thanks guys.

Local deal pending.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarTONEbass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.