1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT: SSD NS4CR-FL Fretless with Spector HSC.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scootbass1, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I bought this bass off ebay about 18 or so months ago and love everything about this bass, but find myself in need of a P bass for my current paying gig. This is an early one with the serial in the control cavity. The neck was stripped and shaved when I bought it, and this is the thinnest neck I have seen on a Euro Spector. Has a bone nut, and tight grained rosewood or pao ferro board. Dot markers at the usual fingering positions, had a marker put in at the first position. Has EMG P&J pickups with a Euro copy of the Spector 9 volt preamp. The center detent does not work on the bass control and that control is getting scratchy. Could be remedied with some Deox-It fader lube. I have only used S.I.T. Silencers on this bass, which are inverse wound round wound strings, a different take on semi flats so the fingerboard has minimal string marking. Gold hardware, matte bridge, Schaller tuners and gold Dunlop straplocks. This bass has wonderful Mwahhh and can get some of the Spector grind and growl with fresh strings. The J bass soloed gets that classic fretless midrange sing that is tight and sustains like no ones business. Cash price is $650.00 shipped lower 48 only. I may have a Korean copy of the Spector 9 volt pre to include if I can locate it. PayPal preferred. PM or email if you have questions or are interested in the bass.

Pictures at this link: http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/scootbass1/library/Fretless SSD NS-4CR

Peace and blessings to all,
    Mike
  2. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    179   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie-Spector Bass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups
    ...Steal of a price...... the older SSD era basses are smokin'
  3. Scootbass1

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thank you very much gravesbass. Appreciate the post. If this one was fretted I would not be selling it. Such an amazing player with the shaved neck.
    Peace,
    Mike
  4. Exit1242

Exit1242

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

5. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

That is one sweet Fretless Spector! Great low price too! Wish it was a 5 string! GLWTS!
  6. Scootbass1

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thank you iceboxbass, I haven't played five string bass since the mid 90's.

PM replied Exit1242.
  7. Holdsg

Holdsg Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

I understand and can see the neck carve, what is the width of the neck at the nut? And while Iam asking questions, what does the bass weigh?
  8. Scootbass1

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Holdsg the neck width at the nut is 1.56" and the bass weighs a bit under 10 lbs on our bathroom scale. Even with my sciatic back the bass hangs well on a strap and never caused me problems with my back. The neck was thinned to about .75" at the first (fret) position. The volute was even trimmed down to look good with the thinner carve. Hope this helps.
    Peace,
    Mike
  9. Scootbass1

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

No longer seeking trades. Have a local deal in process on some of my other gear for a Fender P bass. Bass is still available for purchase at this time.
  10. Scootbass1

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Closing listing. Spent three hours at rehearsal last night with two fender P/J basses and rediscovered that they are a poor ergonomic fit for my frame and my problematic back. I wish to thank all for their posts and interest in this bass. Humorously I actually found that I use the frets above the 20th fret quite a bit in the music I am playing, so the standard Fender 20 fret board just will not do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.