1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT Status/Washburn Series 1000 bass (Red)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jet_king, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet_king

jet_king

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have here a power house of a bass, the Status Washburn 1000 series headless bass. I got it two years ago and while its done great in the field of my playing's i simply cannot give it the love it deserves. While I commonly play slap but not as a standard style, I've been finding it hard to use it for the songs and Genre that my band plays now and my J-bass has simply been the bass i know i can go back to.

SOLD

And in all honesty i don't believe i deserve the luxury of owning such a fine instrument only to have it sit in a case to wait for me to pull it out and noodle for a half hour on it and then for me to just jump back to my fender. It truly is a slapper's dream but not for me. My asking price is $[DEL]600[/DEL] $585

THIS THING LOOKS FRIGGEN AWESOME

Now as glorious to the eyes this bass is there's only 2 COSMETIC issues.

Photo's here: http://imgur.com/a/47wmz
    http://imgur.com/a/DrApS

1 - The hardware has some oxidation on it. You can prob use a metal cleaner to get it off though admittedly, I have not tried this. Maybe a brass polish?

2 - Under some areas of the finish on the neck and body, there are what appear to be tiny bubbles. They are extremely small and well under the finish. I don't foresee them being any issue of any sort and purely a cosmetic thing. It was prob just the way the clear coat was applied when it was made (too humid that day or ???).

That is all very true,and honestly you forget about the bubbles, not to mention no one can see them if your up on stage playing since they are all on the back side of the body and neck and are also very tiny.

My asking is [DEL]$600[/DEL] $585 This does come with the original harshell case as well
    As far as trades go I'm looking for Fender J-bass' with maple fret bored's in red or black finish,Status J-Bass Necks,rickenfaker bass or you can surprise me with whatever it maybe that you have, it maybe a stretch but any Rickenbacker offer to wonder into my inbox would be a fast auction here :D:D

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

3. jet_king

jet_king