1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/FT--Very rare German custom shop Warwick Streamer 5 SE "Rusty"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by songwriter21, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    $1400/shipped Con US

Hey All,

I received this beauty "used" recently from a TB'er, but now with my budget at the moment, and even with the ever-present GAS looming, I'd prefer to sell it. I have my current bass to play, as this one has just stretched me too thin. As in any sale, cash is totally king, but I maaaaay be open to interesting trades for other 5's if something really strikes me. Cash rules, though, so I'll have to see what pops up. My loss is your gain.

Anyway, I said "used", because it's hardly that...in showroom shape...not a nick anywhere. Not only is the finish VERY unique and looks unbelievable in person (pics don't do it justice), but there were only 11 MADE FOR THE WORLD. This one's #10, so you're getting the second-to-last one ever made in the German custom shop. Judging by the serial number, I'm guessing the production date was sometime in 2011? Not sure. I know the rust finish is fairly new for the company. What I am sure of, though, is that this thing is a beast of tone.

You can look up any review on the $$ (double-buck) configuration, either Corvette or Streamer, and they say what I agree with, and that is that this bass is really a tone "chameleon". I'm glad that this one, like other recent Warwicks, has a much slimmer neck than the older, clubby profiles. You'll be getting not only an awesome 5'er, but all of the goodies that come with her as she would be right from the factory...THICKLY-padded Rockbag (bass will be packed well, too), Warwick binder with manuals, cleaning cloth, Framus museum brochure, trussrod tool, allen wrenches, straplocks, an extra set of EMP strings (current set still sounds new), and all hangtags! I'm also throwing in a REALLY nice Mono strap. There's also an Energizer Lithium 9-volt in the control cavity. Oh, and the headstock finish is the signature Warwick matte-black with the laser-etched "W".

This is the closest thing to buying brand-new, and considering what the starting pricetag was with these things, this is one hell of a deal. One shop in Ohio had the 4-string version for $3500 a little ways back, and right now, a seller on Ebay has one up for $2600, and mine is the 5-string one, so do the math. Like I said, I gotta move this due to personal finances and preference, so this would make a seriously badass Christmas gift for the right bassist! I only ship within the U.S., and of course, Alaska and Hawaii will have an up-charge for shipping. I ship UPS...bad experiences with FedEx. I can take more pics if you wish, too. Now, for the specs:

-Streamer body style w/ special "rusty" finish (bridge and tuners corroded for visual effect, brand new)

-MEC "Double Buck" pickup configuration

-9-volt, 2-band eq (vol, blend, bass, treble) w/ two 3-way pickup switches (series, single-coil, parallel)

-2-piece brass bridge (refer to above for cosmetic look)

-Easy-open control cavity (no screw removal)

-7-piece maple/ekanga bolt-on neck w/ wenge fretboard, brass frets, natural satin finish, and Special Edition stamping

-"Just-A-Nut" III (brass)

-Warwick tuners (again, see above for cosmetic)

-Warwick EMP (coated) strings, gauges .45, .65. .85, .105, .135

-Warwick security locks

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Attached Files:

• war1.jpg
      war1.jpg
      File size:
      130.2 KB
      Views:
    • war2.jpg
      war2.jpg
      File size:
      138.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Doodaddy

Doodaddy Supporting Member

3. songwriter21

Disclosures:
  4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    this is a fricking steal!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kbass00

kbass00

7. songwriter21

Disclosures:
  8. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Very interesting how they do that finish!

Look it up on YouTube...very interesting!

BTW...cool bass

9. songwriter21

Disclosures:
    Yeah, it's wild, and maybe even crazier than the "Chrome Tone" finish...both are incredible!

10. songwriter21

Disclosures:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.