1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT Vintage Ibanez Precision basketcase

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mordechai, Mar 2, 2013.

1. mordechai

mordechai Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

I've got this stuff and more FS/FT in a thread in accessories, but I figured I'd do an offer for the full bass here.

It's an early 70s Ibanez Precision Copy. Fuji Gen made. Not quite Fender spec as you can see. Doesn't have the 1/8" nut slot, and the neck pocket is closer to 2-3/8" instead of 2-1/2".

The nut width is 1-9/16". Vintage size frets with very little wear for something that is probably around 40 years old. Fully functional truss rod, and rock solid laminate maple neck.

The body is the usual Japanese style 5 ply. Veneer, hardwood, veneer, hardwood, veener. The hardwood is something with a very open grain like mahogany. Each hardwood layer is about 3/4" thick. The outer veneers have been sanded through at some points.

When I got this it was caked in a horrible fire engine red paint job, seemed like really cheap artists paint. I was hoping the body was gonna be a little nicer underneath and I would do a walnut stain on it. It's just a little more project than I'm looking for now.

Pretty certain it's the original bridge, pickup and tuners. Not sure about the pickguard though, it's the single ply white in the top corner.

SOLD[DEL]
    So how about [DEL]$200[/DEL] $175 shipped in the CONUS. Trades I'm looking for pedals, fuzz, octave, phase, chorus? Basses I'm looking for a 5 string or something with 32" scale.[/DEL]SOLD

Oh, comes with strings too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

3. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

4. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Bump. No interest?
  5. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

So......screw it all together and it works?
  6. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Yes sir! You'll need to solder the pickup back to the harness and run a ground wire from the bridge as well. Almost all the screws you need will be included, but some of the pickguard and bridge screws were so rusty that I tossed them.
  7. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

8. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

9. Lalo

Lalo

0   0   0

I've been tempted to experiment on building a bass, like using that body and other couple of things, getting different pickups or accessories but frankly for experiment i guess im not up to paying that much yet lol :meh: yea can paintit also since i also draw and paint. its tempting tought.:hyper:. ::BUMP:: ;)
  10. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

I can break up the lot if need be, and prices are OBO!!
  11. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

$175 shipped. No trades for a beater 5 string? What about 4 strings? Maybe a Peavey Patriot?
  12. jonnymac101881

jonnymac101881 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I'll take it for $175
  13. mordechai

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

You have a PM.
  14. mordechai