1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS/FT: Warmoth Jazz Build + Nordstrand/Sadowsky

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gotfunk21, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotfunk21

gotfunk21 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Warmoth Dinky J body, finished in an aged olympic white (honestly looks pretty yellowish) Fender American Jazz neck, Nordstrand Big Splits and Sadowsky VTC 2 band preamp. Vol/Blend/Tone (pull passive) stacked Bass/Treble. Hipshot "A" bridge.

I got this in a trade so I could try out the Nord/Sad guts. Sounds great but gets no play time. It needs a good setup. Action is medium and the frets need to be cleaned up. The pick guard was originally Tort, but was painted black and has some wear. No major issues, just needs a setup and a happy home.

Asking [DEL]$750[/DEL] $700 obo. I'll consider parting it out if I get enough interest in the different parts. I considered keeping the neck.

Trades: interesed in Lakland Skyline 5'ers. 55-64, 55-01, 55-02. Maybe a Stingray 5. Maybe 4 string P or P/J's with a jazz neck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

What is the weight and who did the build?
  3. gotfunk21

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I'll check weight tonight on the always accurate bathroom scale.
    I'm not the first owner, so I'm not sure who did the build. But it feels just as good or better than pretty much any American Fender I pull off the wall at GC (not sure if that's saying a lot though : ) I'll snap some pics of the cavity and closer pics of the neck pocket or something if you'd like.
  4. gotfunk21

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Couple pics of the cavity and neck pocket. The build is pretty decent I think.

Bathroom scale measures at 9 pounds even.

Attached Files:

5. gotfunk21

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Price drop bump.
  6. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

Bump for this beauty! Played it last night and the Nordy/Sad combo is the real deal!
  7. gotfunk21

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thanks SJ. This is sold pending payment ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.