SOLD FS/FT WARWICK STREAMER 4 1988

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Guygrooves, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

The bass is one of the original streamer basses with full cherry body and wenge neck! It has the first edition 2 piece 3d bridge. The bottom piece is solid brass and the actual bridge is a bit narrower than the current bridge front to back. The bass has original EMG pj pickups and 2 band MEC preamp. Schaller straplocks and schaller tuners. Only thing upgraded on this bass was the nut. It currently has the newer just a nut brass nut, and the battery box was changed out to a quick change style box.
    This bass has been refinished. The original color was a transparent teal but JonKim took the bass to a local lutheir. Chris Bavaria did the refinish and setup by philtones guitar!

For more of start to finish pics see JonKims orig post:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-88-warwick-streamer-bass-936113/

This thing is clean as a whistle-dead quiet-clean smooth pots-Incredibly comfortable satin neck-
    The only Con is the action is a bit higher than I like at the nut end-The just-a-nut is as low as it goes-could use notching honestly...
    Or replaced!
    Looking for 1750 shipped CONUS /////PRICE BUMP~ WILL TAKE 1650 SHIPPED this should help with nut replacement~
    Equal trade or trade plus cash

Attached Files:

2. Guygrooves

MORE

Attached Files:

3. Guygrooves

More

Attached Files:

4. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Probably the closest to my 89 I will ever get again, and just do not have the cash to spare. Ouch

This is when Warwicks were worth the money!

Awesome!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Why is this bass making the rounds so fast? Can you tell me what about this bass is not working for you? At one point I almost bought it but I've seen it change hands quickly. I love the looks and idea of this old bass. BTW...this is a holy grail of Warwick

7. Guygrooves

I have a 2009 STREAMER LX in Antique Tobacco with figured Maple Body and Active/Passive MECs that I like better than the Cherry and EMGs in all honesty (though I like the profile of this neck a little better)-This 88 was offered as a trade and I couldnt resist-solid deal from Arch58...I just cant warrant keeping both Streamers so here it is.

8. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
  9. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

This bass is a beast. I'm just sorry Warwicks are not for me. I was gonna keep it in the arsenal, but this bass needs to be played and it just wasn't gonna happen here. If you are a true Warwick player, you won't be disappointed.

GLWTS!!!!!

10. clcotro

clcotro

11. clcotro

clcotro

I want this bass, send me a PM

12. Guygrooves

Pm'ing and mulling over some offers-been some good ones...Its a beauty of an instrument...love the Wenge stripes..played it at practice tonight and really enjoyed it-Has a Spector/Warwick hybrid tone-those EMG's.. Nice clarity-great high register pronunciation..bass boost smoothes it right out-treble boost is too much cranked but at just a pinch snaps the highs crisply..looks like a million bucks.

13. ilikebass7

ilikebass7 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    I LOVE this bass. Man alive you don't know. Again if I sell my thumb I may look at this guy too

14. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

How high is the action at 24th fret?

15. Guygrooves

I will measure it up tonight-perhaps take a pic with a ruler showing string height at nut and at 12th and 24th....Working till 5 and its Kid night tonight so it will be later on..

16. Guygrooves

Will have to measure string height after work tonight~Out late at my sons place..
    I have dropped the price in expectation of it needing a new nut or nut work~
    1650 SHIPPED CONUS- or equal Trade

have a couple nice trade offers but $$ would be preffered. Still considering the trades!!

17. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

Is the neck straight? I can't imagine it needs a new nut, it's brand new and pro installed.

18. ed_sped2

ed_sped2 Supporting Member

Do you have a side pic of the nut?

19. Colonel129

Colonel129

Any trade interest in an Aguilar DB359, Ampeg SVT-CL, &/or MarkBass Randy Jackson TTE-500? I am flush with amps and world love another Warwick (as always). G'luck, & thanks!

20. willsellout

willsellout

If you change your mind about my Ric or an Mpulse + cash deal, let me know. Otherwise, GLWTS. Nuts are pretty easy to work on and a lot of techs leave the nut slots high. It's easier to take away than it is to give back:)
    Some people are more sensitive to action than others, I know I am.

21. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.