1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS/FT: Warwick Streamer Stage II NT 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jakka1, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

For sale or trade my Warwick Streamer Stage II NT 5 string. I bought this off of ebay 9 years ago before there were the measures of protection that are now in place. When I got it the nut was pretty stripped and there was a slight twist to the neck. This was not disclosed in the sale. It played and sounded so superior to anything that I had ever owned before, so I just let things be. Over the years with the need to make adjustments to the neck and only so many turns left, the action got to where it was becoming a chore to play. Note: this was due to the nut being stripped out, not the truss being maxed out.

http://s1274.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jason_Kermashek/library/Warwick Streamer Stage II NT 5

Recently I have decided that I want to sell or trade it, but I didn't feel right passing on my inherited problems on to somebody else. I sent it off to the Warwick Custom shop in NYC to do the repairs. They did a steam heat treatment on the neck, put a new JAN II bridge on it, crowned and polished the frets, replaced the stripped nut and did a setup with new Warwick Black Label strings. They have assured me that they have had success with this treatment in the past and that there is no reason to believe that the neck will return to slight twist that it had before. It returned to me in better shape than it had ever been since in my possession.

I would like to get [DEL]$2,250[/DEL] [DEL]$2,200[/DEL]$2,150 shipped, which I think is fair based off of what I have put into repairs to get it to this state. I would also entertain trade offers including: vintage Fenders, custom shop Fenders, Warwicks, US Sadowskys, US Laklands & Dingwalls but may consider others. I prefer 4 strings with thin necks, but might consider a 5 if the right one presented itself. I am also interested in an Aguilar DB750 or 751 & Aguilar DB cabs... + cash on either end if needed.

Oh and she weighs at about 12 lbs. I know this might hurt my chances, but I'd rather disclose that up front than to pull the old bathroom scale discrepancy card. Overall this is my main reason to try and make the move ... the need to get lighter. The sound of wood comes at a price.

Comes shipped in its original Warwick HSC.

[​IMG]
  2. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

3. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Answering a few questions that have come up in PMs.....

The condition of the body and neck is excellent. There are a few microscopic marks (maybe the size of a pinhead)... dents would probably be the proper term, but you have to really look close to see anything... nothing that will show up in a photo. There is a bit a groove in the woodgrain worn from where my thumbnail rested above the pickup. You should be able to see this in the pictures. All of the electronics, pots etc. function properly and sound excellent.
    The case is in very good condition. Opens and closes with no issues.... typical scuffs of a case that has been gigged. No cracks anywhere.
  4. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

5. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Bump for a great bass...........I own a 2006 of the same model. Its an AWESOME bass
  6. Colonel129

Colonel129

Any interest in an Aguilar DB359, Ampeg SVT-CL, and/or MarkBass Randy Jackson TTE-500?
  7. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Thanks for the kind words brotherbassj!

I'm definitely interested in Aguilar, but I'm going to need more power than a DB359. Thanks for the interest!
  8. PeterF

PeterF Supporting Member

9. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

10. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Price drop -$2,150 shipped
  11. Skygoneblue

Skygoneblue

I feel like this is a story about a dog who was rescued with a broken leg, was taken to the vet, properly cared for, and is now awaiting a loving home at a shelter. It's a heartwarming tale, really.

This poor bass needs a good home!
  12. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Thanks!!
    Yes I have done my best to get her the best treatment possible. Who better than Warwick custom shop to give a Warwick a clean bill of health?
  13. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Hate to admit it, but this one is headed to EvilBay.
  14. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

It's back after an unsuccessful stint on ebay. My so called guaranteed buyer backed out. I was asking $200 more on there to try to offset all of their BS charges. I am sticking at $2,150. I just can't justify dropping it much more considering that I just put about $550 into it a couple of months ago.

Still considering trades.
  15. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Will drop it to $2,100... I have a trade offer I am considering, but would really prefer cash.
  16. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

***Traded***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.