1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: G&L (G and L) 1985 Lynx with Moses Graphite Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubnomnar, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

SOLD

For sale only. Price Drop to $385... a whole lotta bass for the buck $$$ :bassist:

$425 Paypal shipped ConUSA lower 48 only.

1985 G&L Lynx weighing in at 9 lb 4oz
    Moses Graphite neck 1 9/16" nut width
    Includes black Dunlop strap locks.

[​IMG]

This bass has come up for sale on TB a few times, and I've enjoyed it for the past couple months.

[​IMG]

This is the only dual single-coil pickup bass I have owned in over a year. The G&L single coils seem pretty hot and pull in some nice tones, but I keep going back to my basses with humbuckers.

[​IMG]

Whoever installed the neck did a very functional but not cosmetically beautiful job. I've had the neck off and the metal inserts appear very secure. The neck pocket appears to be unaltered from factory specs. The heel of the Moses neck was wider than the pocket, so some material was removed from the sides of the neck to fit the pocket.

I found that the 24th fret is low for the A & D strings and requires extra effort to fret. That's a moot point as the body shape doesn't really allow access above the 22nd fret anyways.

[​IMG]

That being said the neck is well centered and the bass plays great. Given the matte black color you have to look pretty close to notice to notice the flaws.

There is a ding in the body near the input jack but otherwise the bass looks great for a 28 year old.

[​IMG]

Overall this bass has a nice stealth appeal. The pickup switch and pots have been replaced but a bag with what may be the original parts is included.

[​IMG]

I'll ship via USPS Parcel Post safely boxed with a lightweight Protec "Bullet" gig-bag.
  2. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

Price Drop to $385... a whole lotta bass for the buck $$$ :bassist:
  3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Want - PM'd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.