FS: G&L L-2500 (US) blueburst fretted ebony, MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NeckPickup, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeckPickup

NeckPickup Supporting Member

Custom ordered this new in 2010, never hung on a rack in a store, only taken out of the house to 3-4 rehearsals. Has G&L HS case, both bass and case like new. Upgraded (fretted) ebony board looks great with the blueburst plus adds a little extra "zing". All G&L premium finishes, such as blueburst, use a swamp ash body. Has G&L locking bridge, lightweight tuners.

I have hardly used this bass as I bonded with another bass so it needs a good home.

Weight via bathroom scale is just under 10 lbs., typical G&L weight. 34" scale. Balances great, never felt shoulder fatigue from it.

Asking $925 + shipped CONUS, payment via PayPal.

Complete photo set at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/flbass/sets/72157635738224233/

Not really looking for trades at this time, except possibly a quality active 4 string w/1.625-ish nut width that's 9 lbs. or less, rosewood or pao ferro board, and in really good shape.

NOTE: G&L 5 string basses must be strung through the body, requiring extra long scale strings. There are holes to string through the bridge, but extra bridge reinforcement, not a difficult mod, is required.
  2. NeckPickup

3. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

4. MontzterMash

MontzterMash

Is it a satin or gloss neck?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Endorsing Mofongo! Supporting Member

Killer Bass! Killer deal!
  7. NeckPickup

It's a satin neck.
  8. NeckPickup

Phyllis Fender bump. Ships with Certificate of Authenticity "signed" by Leo's widow and honorary chairman at G&L.
  9. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

10. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

I just rcvd a US L2500
    Great Bass at a great price
    GLWTS
  11. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Why does this thing torture me so....
    Bump for a beautiful bass.
  12. NeckPickup

13. NeckPickup

A TB'er PM'ed we with some questions about the playability and sound of the bass. I ended up doing some research and giving it a lot of thought, and I realized this might be useful to anyone who is considering the bass, so here some of my response. One important note: this bass has a solid ash body. G&L used an ash top on top of US tilla (basswood) on the 3+2 L-2500 until around 2009 (and blackened out the back of the body back as a result), but this bass was ordered and built in 2010, and it has the burst finish with the ash grain on the back.

The setup is actually the factory setup, which is a good thing. All US-made G&L basses are Plek'ed, and there is virtually no fret wear as I haven't used it all that much. But the neck is very solid and stable, and while I don't play with super-low action and very much like the action the way it is, I suspect there is room to lower it.

The MFD pickups are ceramic, so they are high output but they are quiet. A lot of players love the active/passive setting, b/c in passive mode soloing the neck pickup, it has a P-bass like sound. But then in active mode the thing can be huge tonally if you want, plus the series/parallel switch gives you a lot of variety. There are two active modes, one with treble boost, so soloing the bridge pickup works well for slap or any other out-front style. It's an ash body, maple neck and ebony board, and ebony is tonally more like maple than rosewood (but feels sleeker than maple), so it can deliver the brightness of ash/maple, but at the same time the low end is "piano-like" - clear and full (I've heard two different people other than me use "piano-like").

Links:
    Review: http://www.glguitars.com/reviews/L2500.asp (older, had basswood body)

MFD Pickups: http://www.glguitars.com/features/MFD-pickups.asp
  14. NeckPickup

Sold, will close thread when buyer receives it.
  15. NeckPickup

Transaction is complete, everybody is happy, closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.