1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS - G&L USA L-2000 - $550 (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Knavery, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Knavery

Knavery Supporting Member

Hey all,
    After I almost made a trade with a very patient fellow here, I was checking to make sure the G&L was on the up and up. Well, I found that there is still a bit of relief in the neck and the truss rod is pretty bit maxed out. It's in great condition otherwise except a nick on the body seen in the second pick. There also appears to be light buckle rash on the back, but it's rather smooth to the touch--mostly light scratches.

I have no idea what year it is, but it has the metal plate screwed on the back and the serial is CLF065697. It comes with a semi-hard shell Road Runner case, but nothing else.

I'm letting it go for $550.00 shipped. Since I don't have the skills to fix it, I just want to get rid of it. If you have any questions at all about the bass, please let me know. It's a great deal for someone with luthier skills, and the electronics sound awesome. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm actually looking for a 2012 or new Fender American Jazz Deluxe V. This would be a straight up trade. Or, I'm asking 1700 for the two. I'm open to selling them each alone--950 for the Fender and and 800 for the G&L.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. Jutsushine

Jutsushine Gold Supporting Member

Does the G&L have more of a p bass or j bass width at the nut? Also, what kind of wood is the body made of?
  3. Knavery

I'm not sure about the wood, because I bought it used. However, it seems to have a beefier neck like a P bass. It's certainly wider than my Fender jazz.
  4. Jutsushine

Jutsushine Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a G&L with more of jazz neck feel though. The body looks like it may be mahogany... It's really beautiful. Good luck with the sale!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EugeneBass

EugeneBass

Thanks for quick response. Bump.
  7. whyrockbass

whyrockbass

Would you be interested in a lakland 4402 for the jazz?
  8. Knavery

Edited...
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  9. Knavery

10. t-ray

t-ray Supporting Member

11. Knavery

These are still up for sale. I'm actually looking for a 5-string Fender American Jazz Deluxe with the active/passive switch. I'd like 2012 or newer and would trade both of these basses straight up for one.
  12. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

13. Knavery

14. Knavery

All PMs replied to... Bump.
  15. Knavery