SOLD FS Gallien-Krueger MB 800

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassinflorida, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassinflorida

bassinflorida "Gee Wally, that's swell!" Gold Supporting Member

Hello.
    A recent gas attack has reared its ugly head causing me to purchase the latest Buster head on the market. So, I have to decide whether to part with my Hartke Kilo or GK MB800.

The GK MB800 is 800W@ 4 ohm and very loud. It supports 2 8 cabs ohm or 1 4 ohm cab. It has 2 parallel speakon connectors and two heavy duty cooling fans. I can provide pics and possibly some samples later if you are interested. This amp looks like new, never abused and I bought it new about 6-8 months ago I think. It is also made in USA. I used it for a few rehearsals into a 4 ohm 4x10 ported Avatar cab with cabinet with horn. Loud and proud through all frequencies. I tested it through my 8x10 sealed cab and that cab was very loud with the GK. I am asking $500 locally on Craigslist but do not expect any interest from the bottom feeders. I will ship to CONUS of course with buyers paying their choice of shipping. I have the original receipt, manual, foot switch and cable (which I never used) and a power cord.
    No offer will be laughed at (to your face) that is. I started to list all the features but it is identical to the one on their web site.

http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products/mb-heads/mb800/

The Kilo is 2 500W into 2 ohm stereo, or 1 KW bridged into 4 ohm. It has about every configuration option practical and sounds very good and loud. Because it is unlikely both separate 500W amps would fail I must keep it as a backup. I eliminated the overheating problem of this amp before any output transistors were blown so I'm counting on it outlasting me.

thx,
    James

2. bassinflorida

3. bassinflorida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.