1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Gallien Krueger MB212 500 watt 2X12 Combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gmarcus, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

$450 Cash Local Pickup Boston Area

I bought this from Davyo here on talk bass in August of 2011. I jumped on it for the asking price of $499

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/f-s-gallien-krueger-mb212-hardly-used-new-condition-811527/

This is a beautiful, Light and Loud Combo. 500 Class D watts feed two 12" Neo magnet woofers and a switchable horn tweeter. This combo weighs less than 40 lbs, yet it can easily keep up with a moderately loud blues band outside with no PA support. It is really much more amp than I need (too big, too loud, too much deep bass). However, I liked the way it sounds so much that I bought it's little brother to replace it (MB112). Just right form my quieter gigs.

This one looks and sounds better than a stock version due to a few tasteful modifications. First off the silver grill has been spray painted black which gives it a classy look (Thanks Davyo!). I also added 4 nice big rubber feet on the bottom which help decouple it from the stage and keep it from sliding around. About the only problem with these amps was the fact that GK did everything in their power to keep the weight down so they omitted lining the inside of the cabinet with sound absorber. This caused the midrange to get a little muddy. I painstakingly lined every inside surface with textured foam which gives this a much smoother more focused sound. I also installed a removable foam port flare which tunes the cabinet a little deeper than stock resulting in much tighter bass response. Come on over and try it, I'm sure you will like the way it sounds.

Condition is very good, there are a few chips in the grill paint and some scuffs here and there but nothing major. I only gigged with it about 5 times and only pushed it hard once (The outdoor blues gig)

Comes with a $65 LeCover cabinet cover.

Attached Files:

2. gmarcus

Here are the feet and control panel

Attached Files:

3. gmarcus

Here is a shot before and after I lined the Cabinet

Attached Files:

4. gmarcus

I made the port flair out of the stiff closed cell foam that they use when they pack big computer servers. It is black and I shaped it with a hacksaw blade. It is held in with friction so if you don't like it, just pop the grill off and pull it out of the port. I get no chuffung at high volumes with this big flair and reducing the cross section of the port lowers the cabinet tuning which reduces the midbass bump in the frequency response. Granted this is subjective as I do not have test equipment. The bass does sound a lot tighter with the flair.

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shawshank72

shawshank72

Sure you wont ship?

7. shawshank72

shawshank72

My son is coming up during easter break. Shipping to ohio not canada.

8. gmarcus

If you pay for packing and shipping at FedEx, I'd consider it. I want to hang on for a local sale first. Thanks for the interest. Its a great amp.

9. shawshank72

shawshank72

Fantastic amp!
    Best i ever owned.
    Was hoping it was shipped to you and you had the packaging.
    Understandable, good luck with sale.

10. gmarcus

Sorry the box is long gone.

11. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Hey Marcus,,,,, Im half tempted to buy the amp back from you :hyper:

It was a great amp when I sold it to you and all the upgrades and improvements you did to it are very cool !!!

Good luck with the sale Marcus,,, it's a killer deal your offering on a very nice MB212 and that very much deserves a bump !!!!

Cheers my friend
    Davyo

12. gmarcus

13. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

It's still under 40 lbs, even with the foam? I've been looking for a high-power combo, and I loved my MB115II.

14. gmarcus

according to my bathroom scale yes. It was 36 lbs before the foam and feet.

15. gmarcus

It sounds very similar to the MB115 only louder. The MB112 has less deep bass than either of these and no tweeter and the MB210 has looser boomier bass.

16. shawshank72

shawshank72

i want this so badly!
    :crying:
    Whoever buys this is getting a fantastic amp.

17. gmarcus

Spring time in Cambridge is nice if you want to take a road trip

18. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

19. gmarcus

20. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

I'm selling as fast as I can, man! >8)X

21. basslifter

basslifter Supporting Member

I have this amp and love it! I use it for rock, worship, and Latin Jazz. Handles everything nicely. Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.