1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS - GB SM 9.2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Pedulla-Player, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

For sale - GB SM 9.2

This is a great light-weight amp with a lot of power. It is also very versatile with the dual Tube / FET channels.

I got the SM 9.2 in a trade here on TB about a year ago. The head is in very good condition except for small ding in the lower left hand corner , a couple light scratches on the bottom , and a little rash on the upper side edge. I used the head with an Uber 410 cab and had to run a bungee cord across the top of the head so it wouldn't vibrate off because this amp is so powerful. That's where the edge rash came from. I only used the foot pedal a couple times because I'm not really one to switch up my sound - If I do I just tweak the knobs.
    As everybody here already knows - The warranty is transferable and GB customer support is 2nd to none.

The reason that I am selling the head is because I ran GK for many years and am kinda looking to go back in that direction with my tone. I just sold my Uber 410 here on TB and I just bought some GK Neo cabs and I want a GK head to go with them.

The only trades that I might be interested in would be for a GK Fusion 550 (even up) or MB Fusion 500 (plus I'd need some some cash due to the price difference). I would rather just sell this for cash because GK's warranty are not transferable.

Asking [DEL]$660.00[/DEL] $625.00 Shipped CONUS and fully insured for the purchase price. Payment method = PayPal.

2. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Here are some photos of the amp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bungee cord rash photo
    [​IMG]
    Foot Pedal and power cord
    [​IMG]

3. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Wow, the best amp I've ever owned & still own !!! Love it, NEVER selling it

4. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Thanks for the bump Tunaman. :cool: You are right about these being great amps. They don't come up for sale too often because most people who own them keep them. :bassist:

In case you haven't seen this before - Here is Ed Friedland's demo of the SM 9.2.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Price Dropped to $625.00 Shipped and Fully Insured!!

Still considering trades for the GK Fusion 550 or GK MB Fusion 500...
    I'd need a little cash to boot for the MB Fusion trade.

I'd only be interested in trades if the amps are in good working order and nice cosmetic condition (acceptable = small scuffs or a couple light scratches / not acceptable = big dents , big scratches , missing knobs , crackling pots , ect...).

Please feel free to PM me with any offers.

Here is a short video clip of the SM9.2 in action from my new bands 2nd gig that someone posted on my bands FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

That's an awful lot of amp for that kind of money...

- georgestrings

8. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Ya. No doubt about it! These amps rock!! I'm just partial to running the same brand of speakers with the head that I am using. I just parted with my Genz Uber410 cabinet for some lighter GK Neo cabs (Due to having back surgery).

A couple decent trade offers so far (I appreciate the offers) , but I have my heart set on a GK Fusion (either one) to pair up with my two new GK Neo 212 cabs.

Hit me up with a GK Fusion 550 or 500 trade!

9. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

10. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.