FS: Geddy Lee Bass Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by REV, Nov 16, 2013.

1. REV

REV Supporting Member

This body has it's share of nicks and bumps but it's in otherwise good shape. $100.00 shipped. I have other items from this body if interested.

Attached Files:

2. REV

REV Supporting Member

Additional Pics

Attached Files:

3. Dluxe

Dluxe

PM sent.
  4. REV

REV Supporting Member

Monday Bump
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. virginiacreeper

virginiacreeper Supporting Member

I'm curious, is this MIM?

Thanks, Ray
  7. REV

REV Supporting Member

I bought it a couple of years ago with the intention of putting together a bass. Fed Ex lost the neck in shipping (long story) :(
    It was sold to me as Made in Japan but I have no way of proving that.
  8. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

It looks like my Japanese Geddy body, but I can't be positive whether it is made in Japan.

If it's made of alder, using the same CNC program used for the Japan models, Mexican and Japanese bodies would be identical. I don't see why it would matter at all.
  9. virginiacreeper

I suppose that is my real question. Are the neck pockets the same between MIM and MIJ? Is the pickup spacing "mid 70s" or modern? My '74 Jazz and my current GL have the same spacing. I've grown fond of that affect on the sound. I've been told new GLs ( except CS versions) use standard spacing. I would very much like this body if I could confirm the fit and spacing.
    Thanks, Ray
  10. REV

REV Supporting Member

I'd be happy to make any measurements. What would you like to know?
    rev
  11. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

REV, The measurement, from the apex of the neck pocket arc to the front side of the bridge pickup route, should be 7 3/4", if it's '70's spacing.
  12. REV

REV Supporting Member

I measured from the apex of the neck pocket to the rear pickup cavity and it measures 7 3/4". In the book "The Fender Bass an Illustrated History" it states that the early 60s Jazz basses measured 3.6" center to center between the pickup cavities and in the early 70's this was changed to 4" center to center between the neck cavities moving the bridge pickup cavity .4" closer to the bridge. The measurement between the pickup cavities on this body is 4" center to center. Hope this helps.
    rev
  13. virginiacreeper

I'll take her!
    PM on the way.
  14. REV

REV Supporting Member

On hold pending payment