1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: GHS Progressives (NEW!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by madbassplaya, Nov 14, 2012.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

These have been my favorite strings for a while now. I'm gonna try some different strings out and I've got several sets left that are brand new!

These are the long+ which will fit a 34-36 inch scale bass according to GHS and are .45-.106 in diameter. These strings feel pretty balanced to me.

1 set shipped: $15.00
    2 sets shipped: $25.00
    3 sets shipped: $35.00

Considering one set is a little over $18.00 plus shipping, I feel this is a pretty good deal! :)

GHS Blurb:

[​IMG]

GHS Bass Progressives Bass Strings will test your strength by using a "Filament Grade Alloy" core wire creating a unique tone. This alloy is used in automotive headlights. The GHS Progressives special core wire is magnetically activated and pulls the string tone through the bass pickups.
  2. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

what are these strings like? The 'test your strength' part scares me. How is the tension?
  3. madbassplaya

I guess it depends on what you like? What other strings do you typically use?

I find them to be medium-ish tension.
  4. Lemon Of Troy

Lemon Of Troy

Awesome strings, nice and snappy. They are normal tension, about like D'Addario or something. I think the 'test your strength' means your strength as a bass player.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. madbassplaya

Yea, that's what I was thinking. If someone wants more than 3 sets, I can discount it a bit more depending on how many. These strings are new and unopened. Great string!