1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS - GK 400RB/115 (NY, NJ, CT)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dwjazz54, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Good morning / afternoon / evening to you all!

I have for sale a workhorse of a combo amp, my Gallien-Krueger 400RB/115 combo, and I am the original owner. (I had another "feeler" thread up a little while ago, but this is now "for sale" only).

It's served me very well for a number of years, from small jazz gigs to pretty loud circus-punk shows here in the NYC area. And I LOVE the tone. However, with regular gigging and the need for a more powerful and easier-to-move set-up, I've moved to a GK MB212-ii (purchased from a fellow TB'er). And if I didn't need to pay some bills, I wouldn't let her go.

Issues? The speaker is not original, and I *think* it was replaced with an Eminence (in my younger, dumber days, I managed blow the speaker with a poor combination of volume and EQ). And there are a few scratches and such, but no dents or anything. Everything functions as it should.

She's heavy, so I'd like to keep this deal fairly local to the NYC area (I live in Jersey City and gig in NYC), but I am willing to drive a significant distance to meet you.

As finances require it, I'd really like to do a straight cash deal. I would be open to a partial trade (pedals, maybe even a Squier CV / VM P-Bass), so lemme know what you've got (worst I can do is say "no thank you"). But cash on your end will need to be part of the deal.

I'll get pics up tonight when I get home.

In an ideal world, I'd like to get $250 for her, but will entertain any serious offers.

Thanks, and have a great day! :bassist:
  2. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

3. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Pics as promised...tried to get a pic of the biggest scratch on the grille, but it didn't really come out. I blame the iPhone.

Attached Files:

4. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Front panel, outlining the only real wear on the "Gallien" in Gallien-Krueger...

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

And, finally, the back panel...

Attached Files:

7. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

To the top!

I should mention that I have this listed on CL as well, but I'm trying to cut TB'ers a deal...
  8. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Bump for a price drop - I'll do a local deal for $250.

Can't really go lower, but I doubt a lower price could be found on this!
  9. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Still available for $250!
  10. phoenixjmw

phoenixjmw

Can this also run out to say a 212 extension cab?
  11. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

The back panel says it'll put out the full 240W at 4ohms, so provided the extension cab is 8ohm (as the internal speaker is), there should be no problem.

I'm not familiar with whether the 400RB will run safely below 4ohms - maybe someone else could chime in?
  12. Zamega

Zamega

Tempting!
  13. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

You know you want it...;-)
  14. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

A make-an-offer-and-otherwise-enjoy-the-weekend BUMP.
  15. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Happy Wednesday, everyone.

Bump!
  16. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Good afternoon, everyone...a quick point to make:

I will be in the Rutland, VT area this weekend, and would be willing to do a deal there if you can let me know before I pack up the car on Saturday morning. So, if you're in beautiful southern Vermont and have been looking for an opportunity (unlikely, but hey, worth noting!), here it is.

Again, still accepting any reasonable offers, as my financial situation remains less than ideal...if I'm honest, I'm surprised this hasn't garnered much interest, as it really is an amp I love and hate to have to let go.

Thanks for looking!