1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS - Godin BG-5 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sjphi26, Mar 4, 2014.

1. sjphi26

sjphi26 Supporting Member

I don't see a ton of these around, but it's a shame. Because they're awesome. Canadian wood, built in USA.

Bass-Lines pickups. Beautiful finish. Super flexible tone, the active controls really give you the ability to shape your tone.

One small dent in the finish, by the knobs. You can see it in one of the pics. And I mean small...

It has some buckle rash on the back. But it's in perfect shape. And it's a gorgeous bass.

It was gigged regularly, twice a week, but in a clean church setting.

The only reason I'm selling is because I just purchased another bass off of this very forum... And this one just needs to go.

I'm not completely sure where to price it at. They retailed around $1100 according to some stuff I've seen, but I've seen a lot of variance in what people paid for these new. I'm going to start at $500 shipped. But am definitely open to offers.

Also would be interested if anybody has a synth or envelope filter to trade, plush cash.

Comes with the hardshell case.

Here are the specs from the Godin website:

BG-4 & BG-5 Basses
    The BG Basses produce the tight, defined response that you expect from a world-class handmade instrument, but accomplish this feat at about half the price of similarly refined basses. Check out the low B on the BG5. It's BIG and clear as a bell.

Specs
    Rock Maple neck
    Rosewood Fingerboard
    16" fingerboard radius
    34" Scale
    1 11/16" nut width (4-String)
    1 13/16" nut width (5-String)
    Silver Leaf Maple body with Rock Maple center
    Figured Maple 'Leaf' Top
    Active Godin pickups
    Blend
    Volume
    Mid
    Bass/Treble (Tandem pot)
    Both the BG-4 & BG 5 are available in: LightBurst High Gloss, Trans Black High Gloss (BG4 shown)

Attached Files:

2. sjphi26

More pics

Attached Files:

3. sjphi26

Last pics... I can't figure out how to put more than 2 in a post... sorry.

Attached Files:

4. PotamusPants

PotamusPants

I'll take it, pm me with payment details.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. andertone

andertone Supporting Member

Hi: Also very interested in the Godin BG-V. If for some reason your deal falls through, please give me an email at pla@u.arizona.edu. I already have 2 BG-IV's, love these basses

Best luck, and thanks!

Phil

7. sjphi26

Appreciate it! I will keep you posted.

8. PotamusPants

PotamusPants

These are great basses, love the fit and finish. This one will complete my "set" of bg5s. My other one is the older version with the emg dc40s in trans blue. Don't see these come up too often!

9. PotamusPants

PotamusPants

Did you get my pm? If not, email me at adehne (at) gmail. Looking forward to playing this beauty :)

10. Jothabass

Jothabass

I had one of these... great basses for the money!!! Can't deal with the string spacing -I'm more in the 19mm- but love the neck, look and sound!!

Anyone who bought this, it's getting a great weapon!!!

11. sjphi26

I thought I replied back! But now I don't see it sent... My phone is stupid. I'll pm you in a few. Sorry about that.

12. sjphi26

Sent.

13. sjphi26

Sold, pending payment. Thanks for looking everyone. :)

14. PotamusPants

PotamusPants