1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Gorgeous SbMM Ray34-CA (Classic-Active) Antique White w/Tasty Upgrades!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bottoms_Up!, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bottoms_Up!

Bottoms_Up! For the record, I don't love Raymond. Gold Supporting Member

Up for grabs is my tastefully upgraded Sterling by Music Man Ray34-CA (Classic Active) and I defy you to find a better bass at this price-point!!

When I was into Music Man, I actually preferred this axe to my many Stingray SLO Specials! No lie! The playability and thump on this one is insane. Alas, after 30 years in the Music Man camp, I've discovered that I really dig passive basses so here she is.

• Classy Antique White (cream)
    • Rosewood fingerboard
    • Vintage gloss tint maple neck with a super fast & comfy 38mm (1.5") nut and neck profile
    • Tort guard
    • Nordstrand MM 4.2 PUP
    • Original 2-band pre (which really thumps)
    • Hipshot HB7 (exact fit) tuners
    • Hipshot BT7 (exact fit) Xtender drop-tuner
    • Dunlop Dual-Design Straplok buttons
    • Original gigbag
    • Fresh set of EB Regular Slinkies
    • Original tuners
    • 9.5 lbs
    I will include the original tuners, but he previous owner did not have the original PUP when he sold it to me. With that said, you will absolutely LOVE the punch from this Nordy PUP!

Other than some unnoticeable swirling on the tort guard, this is in great shape.

These go for $699 new, plus there are $248 in tasty upgrades. I'd like to get $550 with the upgrades and original tuners included. I'll do $475 if I revert back to the original tuners. Prices include shipping.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. Bottoms_Up!

Lots of interest, but I'm looking to cash out as I need to fund my next project.

3. Bglosh

Bglosh

I've met up with Bottoms Up, seen the bass- beautiful, and he's not kidding when he says he sold his EBMM slo's because the Ray 34ca sounds just as good!

4. Bottoms_Up!

Actually...it sounded better! :bassist:

Thanks for the kind words Lee!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bottoms_Up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.