1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Guild Starfire Bass; 90's reissue; Mahogany body; Darkstar Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jbiscuti, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jbiscuti

jbiscuti Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
    [​IMG]

Photos here: http://www.johnbiscuti.net/starfire-ds

This is a fantastic (and likely one-of-a-kind) Guild Starfire Bass, made in the 90's in Westerly, RI.

This bass is unique in that is sports a black lacquer finish atop a mahogany body. These basses were not mahogany typically. Note the sticker in the cavity designating the non-standard wood choice. This was a special order, possibly for an artist. Don't know though!

The Guildbuckers are long gone; replaced with a pair of Hammon Dark Star pickups. The routing is totally pro and the wiring job is top-notch too. I don't think they had these pickups from the factory, but whoever did the work did a fantastic job.

The bass plays and sounds fantastic, and it in great condition to boot. There are some minor scuffs and swirls which are to be expected on a piano black bass with a lacquer finish.

The middle-position is currently wired out-of-phase for some funky tones, but can of course be wired back however you like.

This bass will ship to you in its original hardshell case for $2200 out the door. No trades at this time.

Here's a video of me playing this bass. I think you'll be especially impressed with the ballsy bridge pickup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGbLNitz_Oc

Some more clips of this bass here:

http://www.johnbiscuti.net/darkstar
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

Awwwww yeah.
    Super cool bass, great TBer
  3. jbiscuti

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Disclosures:
    Hey thanks! :)

New Years Day Bump!
  4. jbiscuti

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Disclosures:
    SOLD on eBay!
  5. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

6. myriammartian

myriammartian

0   0   0

Hi. Do you have any photos of the case. Are the pickups sealed with wax? If you can let me know any info on this that would be great. This appears to be the one I have been trying to track down for some time now. If there is no wax sealing the dark stars this is probably the one. Please let me know. Also the dark stars may be numbered and engraved with a name, if this is the one. Thank you and please let me know ASAP! Thanks. Jenn
  7. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

This bass sold on eBay (see post above) back in January, this thread unfortunately remained open.