1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS Guild Starfire I 1966

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Wolfehollow, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

I got this in trade from the person that bought this from the original thread. Below is the original thread and nothing has changed over the past year.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-vintage-guild-starfire-i-semi-hollowbody-bass-guitar-1966-a-778863/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale is a fantastic 1966 Guild Starfire I semi-hollowbody bass guitar. The bass contains the manufacturing tag on the inside of the bass body with signature and serial number. The serial number is also stamped on the back of the head stock.

This Starfire I bass is fitted with the original and iconic Hagstrom Bisonic pickup in the bridge (rear) position. All electronics are original and function excellently, providing an aggressive tone which sounds fantastic both in live playing and recording studios. The controls are one Volume and one Tone knob.

The bass was recently overhauled by master luthier and guitar tech Ed Reynolds in Austin, Texas in Fall 2010. This Starfire's frets were meticulously replaced, the nut upgraded, the input jack was replaced (with the surrounding wood structurally reinforced) and strings replaced with intonation set-up. I also had the original antiquated strap buttons upgraded to Dunlops.

Truss rod works perfectly and the neck on the bass is thin and super fast.

Tuners are original but are a little loose from age. They stay in tune just fine.

The bridge saddles are black nylon/plastic. I have purchased replacement saddles made of rosewood and will include them with the purchase. I like the sound of the bass with the black saddles and the rosewood saddles are unused.

The bass is currently strung with Thomastik-Infeld JF324 Flatwound Short Scale 4-String Jazz Bass Strings.

This bass has been played for its 45+ years. Cosmetically it is in fine shape but has worn spots and scuffs from years of use. The finish is also fading and shedding from use. I think it looks great and most would call it something like, "vintage mojo." Please note that THE BASS HAS NO STRUCTURAL ISSUES.

The bass comes with what is either the original case or a period correct case, which is aged and slightly beaten up but still works fine.

Please note that the attached pictures do show some glare from the camera.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

$1800 OBO plus shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. dlenaghan

dlenaghan Supporting Member

This thing makes me want to re-think and delay getting LASIK..
  3. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Its so easy to play. Smooth as butter with a huge tone. If my kids werent so adorable and expensive... I wouldnt be selling!
  4. dlenaghan

dlenaghan Supporting Member

A Starfire like this is the only reason I'd ever stop playing my JS-IIs... I'm going to have to do some thinking but I'd be surprised if this was still around by the end of the weekend. Especially given the original hardware, case, and the price. Anyone who doubts if this is a good deal need only visit eBay and check recently completed Starfire auctions.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. funk7856

funk7856 Supporting Member

major GAS pains...
  7. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

PMs replied to. Interesting trades but I have 2 offers for cash and I need to stick to a cash transaction.
  8. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Im thinking this is sold... some of you asked for more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The envelope contains the list of the work above.

Attached Files:

10. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

SOLD!!! I miss it already!