1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: HHb Radius 3/TL Audio- Fat Man Stereo Tube Compressor (Made in England)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by phishaholik, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

I have for Sale an HHb Fat Man tube compressor. This thing can do it all. It has presets for multiple instruments including two for bass. I've used this compressor for recording and both of the presets for bass are wonderful; one has a more vintage tone and the other is more modern. A friend of mine used this compressor to record an entire album with multiple instruments and he raved about all of the presets.

On top of that, the compressor is fully user controllable in manual mode. There are knobs for threshold and ratio, as well buttons for soft knee or hard knee compressor and slow or fast buttons for attack and release. You can also control the input gain, output gain and gain make-up whilst using the presets or in manual mode. The compressor also has a VU meter that reads either the output or the gain reduction. Did I mention that it also is a tube compressor that runs off a 12ax7?

I personally find this compressor everything that I need and much more. I love being able to add some tube warmth and compression whenever I need it and when recording other instruments that I don't know anything about, the presets are very helpful.

One other thing that I find to be wonderful, you can bypass the compressor and use it as a tube preamp, adding incredible amounts of gain, as well as tube warmth and grind.

Here are the manufacturer's specs:

Stereo Tube Compressor
    The HHB Radius 3 Fat Man provides instant access to 15 high-quality, stereo tube compression presets, making it easy to add fat, professional sounding tube compression when tracking, mixing, or playing live. The programs have been created in consultation with leading audio engineers, including Pink Floyd's Andy Jackson, ensuring a polished, professional sound for your mix.

For users who wish to create their own compression settings, a manual mode provides fully adjustable control over threshold, ratio, knee, attack, and release settings. Input/output gains and gain make-up controls remain adjustable in both preset and manual modes to allow gain balancing for different systems.

Features
    Balanced 1/4 in. jack analog I/O, unbalanced compatible

-10/+4dBu switchable

1/4 in. jack instrument inputs

15 preset settings and a manual mode

Compressor with adjustable threshold, ratio, attack, release, and knee

Adjustable input and output gain

Gain make up

Compressor bypass

VU metering of output level or gain reduction

Price: $199 plus shipping in the US only. These were $469 new. I can also include a Telefunken 12ax7 instead of the current Sovtek for an extra $25.

Here is a stock pic. I'll post actual pics later today. The compressor is in great shape.

[​IMG]

Michael

2. phishaholik

3. phishaholik

PM's replied!

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.