1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: High Quality Tubes

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by asolo, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

No Eastern Europe or Asian knock-offs here; Genuine German, British, US made!

Let me begin by stating I have almost no faith in claimed test results for vacuum tubes. My test experience includes a B&K 747, which I owned 7 years ago, and Hickok owned by others. I have had the same tubes on the same tester hours apart test differently (though not significantly) and had the same experience with the same tubes on different testers. IMHO, test results are accurate within a range and are by no means precise. Further confusing the issue is that testers really do not subject tubes to real use conditions. Finally, I have difficulty with the entire NOS claim which frankly is impossible to prove.

[DEL]I offer these tubes based only on what has been represented to me and/or what I have experienced. Since the tubes are old and used, I cannot offer any guarantee. Buyer understands and accepts the risks associated with the purchase of old tubes. However, they have been inserted in audio, guitar and bass amplifiers and have performed well. I heard no pops, hiss, microphonics, etc. All of these tubes tested well into the upper half of the green GOOD area of my 747. There is also ample evidence that the older German, British and even US tubes are sonically superior, especially at the upper limits of performance as typically found in musical instrument gear.[/DEL]

That said, the tubes [DEL]that do not sell will be[/DEL] have been sent to a “boutique” testing company and I have updated the information. [DEL]which will increase their value much as double! Then off to eBay at premium prices (with the associated fees and agony). I would much prefer to give real players a first chance.
    [/DEL]
    The tubes will be well packed and shipped fully insured CONUS for a fixed price of [DEL]$15 [/DEL]$10 per order, regardless of the number ordered. I am open to offers, but please do not waste my time or yours with low ball offers. PayPal only and I accept all the charges. I will try to keep the inventory updated with transactions.

Please see the available list in the following post.

Would consider trades +/- cash as appropriate for: 1) Mono Betty Black Sharkskin Short, 2) Mono Vertigo or M80 Single (prefer black), 3) Reunion Blues Continental (prefer black), 4) MIA Fender Jazz (excellent or better), 5) MIJ (no MIM) Fender Geddy Lee (prefer black, excellent or better), 6) Nordstrand or Fralin jazz split coil pickups, 7) Good quality hard case for jazz base, 8) Mesa V-Twin pedal.
  2. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Apparently some are having a problem opening the attachment. Hope this helps.

These are the only tubes left for sale or trade.

2 - 6DJ8/ECC88 Mullard Gt Britain Two IEC Mullard, different labeling, same construction [DEL]$35 each[/DEL] $30 (just to get them sold), tested well above new AVAILABLE
  3. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

All tested, many sold, good tubes remain, prices adjusted.

Please feel free to offer, especially for multiple purchases.
  4. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Please see the second post in this thread for new prices on the remaining tubes. The Baldwin/Sylvania 12ax7s are still very usable, just in later half of life (which is multiple years!) An inexpensive way to try quality tubes in your pre-amp or amp vs. spending 2 or 3 times as much for current asian production.
  5. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

See updates below
  6. asolo

asolo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

6DJ8/ECC88 Mullard Gt Britain - see below
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.