FS: Ibanez GVB36 w/ Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by LeonD, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Up for sale is my Ibanez GVB36 bass. I am the original owner and have had the bass for nearly two years. It literally has never left my house and is in brand new condition.

Addressing the two questions everybody has about the bass:

This bass is known for tight string spacing. The spacing at the bridge is 14 mm. It did feel tight for the first couple of weeks but after that it becomes second nature. Although GV slaps on the bass, I think it's a little tight for that. Otherwise, pick or finger style playing is very easy on the narrower neck. It also makes complex chord grips much easier.

The other thing this bass is known for is sub standard electronics. It has Bartolini MK-I pickups and an EQB-IIISP 3 band eq. Guessing it was more the preamp than the pickups, I replace the preamp with an Aguilar OBP-3. This is an active 3 band preamp with an active/passive switch and two selectable mid frequencies.

This preamp has completely transformed the tone of the bass. Originally, I'd be hard pressed to play out with the bass. There was one, maybe two good tones in there. Now with the new preamp, it's one of the most versatile sounding basses I own.

The bass did not come with a case or gig bag. It'll ship in a Levy's gig bag that has a tear in the bottom. It'll work fine for shipping. If you want to use it after that, you'll have to patch the tear.

The price of the bass is $975 paypal which includes shipping and insurance. I'm not interested in any trades right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Chace90

Chace90 Gold Supporting Member

3. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Sorry, I forget to mention no trades. I've got too many basses that I'm not playing that I need to cut down.
  4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Lunchtime bump.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

This is beautiful, and with this preamp this thing must be a monster! I wish I could swing this but my wife would have my hide. :bag:
  7. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

You can't imagine how the personality of this bass changed with the different preamp. This Aguilar is what they put in the custom version of the bass (priced almost five times higher).
  8. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

And Gerald has been sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.