FS:Ibanez GWB-105 5 string fretless - RELIST - price reduced

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by larry heinemann, Apr 9, 2014.

1. larry heinemann

larry heinemann Supporting Member

This is a relist for my GWB-105 which I acquired used last year. This is the model with the phenolic neck as well as the single Bartolini pickup and 2 band eq.

I have chosen to cancel the previous listing and create a new one because, upon some closer inspection, I am finding that what I had considered only cosmetic roundwound string wear on the finish of the fingerboard is actually, unfortunately, in a number of places also physical wear as well. While I am not hearing any buzzing or intonation issues at the spots where the cosmetic wear becomes physical wear, I do feel that it devalues the instrument and I have re-priced it accordingly. I figured it would be less confusing to just relist it rather than amend the original post.

I do apologize to the TB community, this instrument was an impulse buy that sat basically unplayed for a few months. I then went on the road for 5 months and came home to circumstances requiring me to substantially downsize my lifestyle. I have either sold, or put up for consignment, 10 instruments in the last few weeks and closer scrutiny of this one slipped through the cracks.

Again, as best as I can tell, the wear on the fingerboard is not causing any problems but, it does change it's value and may require a little TLC. I had mentioned in the previous listing that there are a few dings on the body, nothing too noticeable.

I had asked $850 for it (and had paid substantially more), I am now asking $595 shipped in the CONUS. That's a pretty darn good price for a playable GWB-105, you wont come close elsewhere. It comes with a ProTec case, one of those in-between-a gig-bag-and-a-hard case cases. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have.

Attached Files:

2. larry heinemann

More pics

Attached Files:

3. larry heinemann

More pics including the case that this will ship with.

Attached Files:

4. larry heinemann

Alright, here are pics of the fingerboard. The photo on the left is some actual wear (it looks much more dramatic in the photo) around the 5th-6th fret. The photo on the right is around the 12th fret and that is mostly cosmetic wear.

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. larry heinemann