1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS:Ibanez GWB-105 5 string fretless - RELIST - price reduced

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by larry heinemann, Apr 9, 2014.

1. larry heinemann

larry heinemann Supporting Member

This is a relist for my GWB-105 which I acquired used last year. This is the model with the phenolic neck as well as the single Bartolini pickup and 2 band eq.

I have chosen to cancel the previous listing and create a new one because, upon some closer inspection, I am finding that what I had considered only cosmetic roundwound string wear on the finish of the fingerboard is actually, unfortunately, in a number of places also physical wear as well. While I am not hearing any buzzing or intonation issues at the spots where the cosmetic wear becomes physical wear, I do feel that it devalues the instrument and I have re-priced it accordingly. I figured it would be less confusing to just relist it rather than amend the original post.

I do apologize to the TB community, this instrument was an impulse buy that sat basically unplayed for a few months. I then went on the road for 5 months and came home to circumstances requiring me to substantially downsize my lifestyle. I have either sold, or put up for consignment, 10 instruments in the last few weeks and closer scrutiny of this one slipped through the cracks.

Again, as best as I can tell, the wear on the fingerboard is not causing any problems but, it does change it's value and may require a little TLC. I had mentioned in the previous listing that there are a few dings on the body, nothing too noticeable.

I had asked $850 for it (and had paid substantially more), I am now asking $595 shipped in the CONUS. That's a pretty darn good price for a playable GWB-105, you wont come close elsewhere. It comes with a ProTec case, one of those in-between-a gig-bag-and-a-hard case cases. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have.

Attached Files:

2. larry heinemann

More pics

Attached Files:

3. larry heinemann

More pics including the case that this will ship with.

Attached Files:

4. larry heinemann

Alright, here are pics of the fingerboard. The photo on the left is some actual wear (it looks much more dramatic in the photo) around the 5th-6th fret. The photo on the right is around the 12th fret and that is mostly cosmetic wear.

Attached Files:

5. larry heinemann

And this is sold!