1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: IBANEZ PRESTIGE SR5000E MIJ AWESOME!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by retrosynth, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retrosynth

retrosynth Supporting Member

Made in 2013! I received this essentially new SR 5000 E in a trade. It has seen virtually no use--it has the original Elixir strings which sound brand new, and even the original Panasonic batteries show a full charge. Yes, this bass runs on 2 AA batteries instead of the usual 9 volt. This is the nicest Soundgear bass ever made by Ibanez, and it is the most recent model. The attention to detail is incredible- the control cavity cover and the truss rod cover are both made of metal. The preamp is practically noise free, and the USA Bartolini pickups sound great in both active and passive mode. The neck and bridge pickups are specially tuned for their respective positions. The neck pickup is wound to be deep and full yet articulate, and the bridge pickup is bright and punchy. Gorgeous gold hardware with genuine Gotoh tuners--it looks and sounds fabulous! Includes all the hang tags, and ships in a brand new Guardian hardshell tolex case. 9.1 pounds, and well balanced. I'm mainly playing a P bass with flats these days, so this will not see much use with me. Here's the info from Ibanez:

Soundgear Prestige basses encompass the perfect sense of balance: beauty and usefulness, gorgeous woods and high-end technology. Indeed, the harmony between the mass of the neck—which you need for tone–and the famous thinness of the SR neck, must be exact. It’s this balance that is the hallmark of Soundgear instruments, and it can only be achieved by our most experienced Japanese luthiers.

Precision made in Japan
    Slender but extremely strong SR Prestige 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck with new modified U neck shape. reinforced with KTS Titanium rod
    Wenge fretboard
    Power Curve EQ offers fast and easy midrange fine-tuning
    USA Bartolini pickups, customized specifically for Soundgear Prestige basses
    Mono-Rail IV bridge with locking saddles allows each string to vibrate fully with no interference from the other strings
    Mahogany body; Wenge top & back
    Abalone & pearl oval inlay
    Gold Gotoh tuners

These have a street price of $2200, and this bass is practically new. I'm letting this go for $1325 shipped in CONUS. PM your email address and I will send a Paypal invoice. Check out my stellar TB feedback! No trade offers, thanks.

2. retrosynth

3. retrosynth

4. retrosynth

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. retrosynth

7. nlabat

nlabat

pm im interesting on it >)