SOLD FS: Ibanez RD900AH 4 String Upgraded, Rare and Beautiful!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by aproud1, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aproud1

aproud1 I don't feel tardy? Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Up for sale is a hard to find but excellent bass from Ibanez. I guess it was mainly marketed for the European market. It was the first one I had seen when I bought it. I am the first owner and it has been well taken care of. It weighs in around 8 lbs and balances perfectly. The neck is meatier that most ibanez basses and actually feels a lot like a Carvin B4 neck if that helps anyone... So if you're looking for a tiny SR neck this bass is not for you.

The specs:

Light Ash Body
    Maple/Rosewood neck Bound with Abalone dots
    Quick load or string through bridge
    Original Hardshell Case
    Weighs around 8 lbs maybe a little under
    MIK

Some upgrades:

Basscultures Custom Pickups (In Ebony shells)
    Bart NTBT Preamp (p/p active,passive on volume)
    Hipshot Ultralight tuners
    Milled Aluminum Knobs

The Basscultures pickups are dead quiet and sound amazing. I can get a pretty good p and J tone. The two switches do nothing. I left them there because I don't like holes in the body though the rear pickup can be coil tapped. There is one screw missing from the rear cover as the mount hole chipped off. This could be easily fixed but it doesn't bother me and the cover stays on.

The bass is in very good condition but I have played it for a while now so there is some players wear and some light finish swirling. I'd say its an 8 out of 10

Asking [DEL]$550 $475 [/DEL] $425 Shipped CONUS. Paypal preferred local would be great too.

Some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

I have the 5 string version of this bass and used to have a stock 4 string. Amazing basses for the money; have a kind of a Musicman vibe to them. How did the pickup change affect tone? I love the stock tone.

3. aproud1

Media:
    I would say that they clarified the stock tone. The stock pickups were noisy when solo'd and now they are dead quite The new pickups aren't quiet as beefy when controls are set flat I throw in a small touch of bass and... beef supreme.
    I did experiment with tapping the coil and got some different sounds but found what I like and wired it that way.

I'm more than happy to include the original pickups. I'd have to dig for the preamp. Though I would never switch back.

4. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

I wish I had what you were looking for in a trade. Bump for a really great sounding and inexpensive bass.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Supporting Member

I've got to admit that us Ohio guys have some nice basses for sale right now.

BUMP for a sweet bass and a great seller!

7. aproud1

Media:
    Only the best for us worthless nuts aka Buckeyes.:)

Thanks and good luck with your sale!

8. aproud1

Media:
    Price drop bump. $475 Shipped. Thats about how much I have into the upgraded parts on this bass.

9. Ian Perge

Ian Perge

Immaculately-cared for Bass with tons of well-chosen upgrades at a killer price. A few PMs traded back-and-forth... :eek: :D

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge

A well-deserved BUMP for a fantastic bass for the money and an ever better Owner & Seller. I was seriously in the market for this as a the foundation of my concept for an "EFX Bass" with both a Kahler Bass Tremolo as well as a Sustainiac Bass Sustainer/Driver (for crazy lead sounds with effects on, and the somewhat "grind" or light Overdrive that our hear from a bowed upright with no effects or mild distortion) as it would have fit the spacing I was looking for in the add-ons above... except for the Kahler, which turns out wouldn't fit in the space between the rearward MM-style humbucker and the end of the body. Before I was able to lock that info down, aproud1 sent me custom pics with a ruler on the pickups and bridge so that I could find that information out. Nothing but a Class Act all the way, willing to take the time to do so and give me the time to take the pics to some Kahler Experts I know that helped me to (sadly) determine that this Bass wouldn't work for me.

Still, if I didn't already have a set of "SUB Sterling" & "SUB 5" for the Music Man tone in my "toolbox" (it's not "My Sound", but a nice and useful one to have) I'd be jumping on this steal anyway: Bassculture Custom Pickups in Ebony Shells, Very Quality Aftermarket Preamp (I have and love the NTBT/NTMB Bartolinis in my Mike Lull M4 & M5, Hipshot Ultralite Tuners, and Sadowsky-esque aluminum knobs.

This is a fantastic, upgraded bass that if I weren't looking for an extremely specific "platform", I would have snatched up in a second. And I can't say enough about aproud1 and his professionalism as a Seller!

11. The Diaper Geni

Oh yeah, a great seller. Buy with confidence!

Can't believe this bass is still here. But there seems to be lots of good deals on TB these days that are not getting snatched up?? :confused:

12. aproud1

Media:
    Thanks guys.:bassist:

Been keeping this open for Ian and wasn't bumping it because I'm pretty sure I'll regret getting rid of. But yes slow days for sure in the classifieds!

13. aproud1

Media:
    Going to bump this up. Was planning on selling my 62 AVRI Jazz neck instead of this but don't think I can let that go.

This a an amazing bass for a great price. the parts are worth the asking price. Lightly used. Just noticed the blend pot is a bit scratchy. Not sure what thats about I bought the preamp brand new.

PS Bass weighs under 8 lbs...

Trades??? Maybe effects pedals plus cash. newer USB interface. Gold. A more tolerant wife.

14. aproud1

Media:
    Lets bump this. Would like to sell this rather than my Status Neck.

15. aproud1

Media:
  16. The Diaper Geni

Well, that leaves me out in the cold as far as trade bait goes.

I was a bad-boy last week or this one would be mine. This has got to be the best deal on TB, or da*n close to it!

All those upgrades and only 8 lbs? 8 lbs??! Dang.

17. aproud1

Media:
    Thanks man. Short drive to cincy...... :bag:

I'm looking for a 60's jazz bass or a Jaguar MAybe an SR1000, 1200 or 900? .... at least that how the gas winds are blowing at the moment.:rollno:

18. The Diaper Geni

19. aproud1

Media:
    Looks like this is sold.

20. The Diaper Geni

All I can say is Andy is the man!

Bass was set up too well, if that's possible! Actually had to raise the action a little for my over aggressive right hand. Other than that I had to tune the G string a little.

This is the second bass I've purchased from Andy and both have been great playing and great sounding and great values.

What's not to like??

21. aproud1

Media:
    Thanks Bruce... enjoy the bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.