1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: IBANEZ VERDINE WHITE SIGNATURE BASS: AWESOME!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by retrosynth, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retrosynth

retrosynth Supporting Member

These basses are pretty rare, and used ones for sale are few and far between. As a Verdine White worshiper, I have always wanted to try this bass, so I traded one of the basses I needed to move for this one. I have given it a thorough evaluation--and the result is: WOW! I have to say that this is not only the very best Ibanez I have every played, it's one of the best active basses I have played-period. And I'm including Spector and Sadowsky in this comparison! I'd love to keep it but I have way too much gear already, and my curiosity about this bass haas been satisfied.

This is made in the same Japanese plant as the Ibanez Prestige line, and it is absolutely fabulous-Alder body, maple neck, ebony fretboard, proprietary Ibanez true active P-J pickups, three way EQ, and a volume boost for solos simply by pulling up on the volume knob. Gotoh GB707 tuners and high mass bridge. Both active pickups are hum free, and equal in volume. In some basses, the jazz bridge pickup is very weak in volume, and is there only to flavor the neck pickup--not in this bass! Both pickups sound great on their own, and together they sound fabulous, without sounding scooped or honky.

This bass has no fret wear. The frets are nice and shiny and the fret ends feel smooth. It is in excellent condition save for dings on the edge of the upper bout. Neither you not the audience will see these when you are playing!

This bass is set up for delightfully low action with no buzzing. Weighs about 9 pounds. It will ship in a nice, practically new gig bag. $495 shipped in CONUS. PM your email address and I will send a Paypal invoice. Check out my stellar TB feedback!
  2. retrosynth

3. retrosynth

4. retrosynth

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. retrosynth

7. retrosynth

Best Ibanez I have ever played. Seriously! This bass kills!
  8. retrosynth

Earth, Wind & Fire bump!
  9. retrosynth

10. jamminology101

jamminology101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Looks like a fodera wooten ying yang copy....neat!
  11. Jacsipmac

Jacsipmac Supporting Member

Woo! Working on a trade.
  12. retrosynth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.