1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: It has to go..T 40 Content

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ProfGumby, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ProfGumby

ProfGumby Supporting Member

Ya, it's killin me, but the T40 has to go. It just is not doing it for me. I like the bass, like the tone ranges but I just cannot get with the width of the neck at the nut.

I have had this beauty for probably a year and a half now and I just keep going back to my other 2 basses. Also, economic times being what they are it will be better off in another home with a bassist who will play it.

Basically the bass is stock, I have Dunlop strap lock hardware on the bass but will see if I can find the original strap hardware and install that. If not, you get the Dunlop stuff on the bass.

The bass is strung with D'Addario Chromes (45-100) on it and comes with it's original case. I had to re-align the bridge as it was crooked when I got it, and was like this right from the factory. A search in the Peavey T40 club will reveal all the info.

Being a 1981 bass it is in fantastic condition. Probably an 8.5 or 9 out of ten! The neck is sublime and the frets really have no wear to speak of. This bass looks as if it was played very lightly and sat in a closet for over 20 years of its life.

There is some very minor player wear on the back of the body and a small ding on the front and some very minor wear. There are no breaches in the paint. All very minor cosmetic stuff.

The case is in good to very good condition. Probably 7 or 8 out of 10. I am probably being a bit harsh describing it this way as there is some minor corrosion on one of the latches and the stay arm for the lid. Nothing is broken, the case works as designed and mechanically it is as sound as any case ever made.
    Look at my rep here on the site, you can see I say what it is and it is what I say.

I have been watching what T 40's go for here and on fleabay for years. This color is not super rare but it is not a dime a dozen like the natural T 40's selling for 450 or more!

THE BASS HAS BEEN SOLD!

PRICE DROP - I am asking [DEL]500[/DEL] $450 (OBO) The purchase price covers the first $30 of any shipping to our friends here in the US & Canada
    paypal preferred Those new to the site and/or with zero feedback are welcome with a few conditions...

THE BASS HAS BEEN SOLD!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheCurvedEarth

TheCurvedEarth

What a SICK bass! If I can sell some stuff I'll be all over this.

3. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

Excellent! I love the color!

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Bump for a great T 40.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ProfGumby

Slight price correction...now $475 shipped con us. To our Canadian friends I will ship to Canada, with one proviso.... I will include the first 30 dollars of the shipping fee in the price. If it is more you need only pay the difference. I had 2 reasonable initial offers on this bass and no responses from either party....

Where is the T40 love people?

Make an offer ...you might be surprised!

7. ProfGumby

Duhnother bump....

All pm's replied to...and I will consider the sale to TB'ers with no rep rating as long as a few conditions are met...

8. ProfGumby

Bumping again...I have responded to all offers and it is still here. I will lower the price a final time. I am asking $450 (OBO) The purchase price covers the first $30 of any shipping to our friends here in the US & Canada
    paypal preferred Those new to the site and/or with zero feedback are welcome with a few conditions...

Anyone interested in a FANTASTIC bass? :bassist:

9. electracoyote

electracoyote

A RED one! Ooooooooo... :eek:

10. ProfGumby

That's what drew me to my first T 40 in 1982....such a beauty! Then my life long regret for selling it to a friend, who still has it, brought me to search this one out. Sadly it is just not comfortable for me to play vs my Jazz basses. I'd rather it goes to someone who will show it much player love and use it than sit here....plus my wife's van just gouged a ton of money out of my backside so I am very motivated to sell...

11. ProfGumby

It's funny...the only basses I have ever had a hard time selling have both been red.....:eyebrow:

Anyway, another bump. Answered pm regarding a trade...I am only looking to sell it right now...

Stay warm!:bassist:

12. ProfGumby

It's still here.....T40? Anyone? Killer tone? Cops a Rick Vibe and several others? Deadly as a war club for those Zombie infested gigs? Low Carb?

;)

13. ProfGumby

Another bump...if I didn't dislike paying fees to fleabay it would go there soon. There has to be someone here interested in this most excellent bass....make an offer guys and gals!

14. ProfGumby

On hold pending payment!

Yay!

:)

15. Auspex

Auspex

Paypal sent 1:45pm MST to Professor Gumby!!

Whoohoo!!!

16. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

17. ProfGumby

Yup, got it, consider the bass sold! It is all boxed up and ready to ship! If I can get it out tomorrow after work I will, otherwise Thursday I will send it out and provide tracking number etc...

Thanks, you're gettin on heck of a bass!!!:bassist:

And don't forget to give feedback when you receive it!

18. ProfGumby

Love your avatar!

19. Dave Campbell

Dave Campbell

I tell ya, I came sooooooo close to hitting the trigger on this one. I had a serious GAS attack on the T40's all of a sudden, out of nowhere. This place is dangerous.

I always glossed over any threads having to do with the T40, but once I actually gave them some attention the curiosity started getting the best of me.

20. Auspex

Auspex

This bass arrived and I'm stoked! Glad to have picked it up, Gumby was great to deal with!