1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS/Italia Maranello Z Bass, Silver Sparkle! 4 months old.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    I am selling my 4 month old, Silver Sparkle Italia Maranello Z Bass. I wanted something retro, cool to replace my short scale, Univox bass. The chambered body, Maranello surely fits that bill! It been practiced with in the house, but only gigged with (non smoking environment) 3 times. It is in better than showroom condition. Only the plastic control plate shows any sign of wear. Obviously, there are some minimal markings from being handled but... nothing of note. The body size is about the same as a Gibson Les Paul guitar. Weight... about 9lbs. The 34" scale neck feels good to the hands, think 90s era, Japanese Fender Precision Bass or a shaved down, 70s Rickenbacker 4000 series for profile. Active Treble and Bass Italia Piezo bridge, sounds good. It's not of LR Baggs variety, but loud and very functional. Grinds like a madman with Roundwound strings, I have it strung with tapewound strings because it brings out a more mellow character. I will toss in another new set of D'Addario Black Nylon tapes. NOTE: Due to the trapeze style bridge, the bass takes Extra Long sets! DR Lo-Rider sets fit it. For D'Addario, tapewounds, the Extra long sets were required.

http://www.italiaguitars.com/bassDetail_outer.php?thisGuitarId=28

$575.00 OBO, Shipped to the lower 48 US. It will be well packed and shipped in the original carton/packaging. P.M. me if interested. Pics available.

2. Apolicious

Apolicious

3. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Here's a Collage gathering of the Italia Maranello Z

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.